Caribbean in the Summer

lovetexas

Hello- we are looking for a cruise to the Caribbean in the Summer.:eek:

They all seem to leave and go elsewhere. I did notice several Carnival ships that stayed throughout the Summer, and go to the Caribbean.

I would love some input from some Carnival travelers as to which ship/ and tour they would do.

We are looking at 7 day, but would be open to more.

We are past NCL, Princess, MSC, and RCL...but alas never Carnival yet..

Thanks

Hi!

Is embarkation port a factor in your decision? That would certainly narrow down your choices. I'm not sure what you mean by "They all seem to leave and go elsewhere. I did notice several Carnival ships that stayed throughout the Summer, and go to the Caribbean." Can you please explain?

Personally, I love the Dream out of Port Canaveral. It takes a Western Caribbean route to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Costa Maya. It also takes an Eastern Caribbean route to Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Martin. Both are 7-day sailings. Beautiful ship, lots to do.

keep and open mind and whatever ship and iteniery you choose will be wonderful. just remember each cruise line has its pluses and minuses. We really love Carnival but at the same time if the price and itienary are right then we will look at another line as well. so whatever you decide remember that any cruise is a good cruise;)

I just have never done Carnival before. I have an eleven year old- so it might be fun. I was just surprised that there are such few choices during the summer months-- they seem to be in Med, Alaska, and such. I understand these months are only available during that time.

I love the western Caribbean route, but we just did that Thanksgiving. Had a wonderful time on NCL outta New Orleans.

So, this summer would be nice for something different. We would like to drive to Florida from Texas. I have checked into the ones leaving out of San Juan. Those would be great, but I can't seem to get pricing to include a flight.

Thanks for alll the input...:rolleyes:

I just have never done Carnival before. I have an eleven year old- so it might be fun. I was just surprised that there are such few choices during the summer months-- they seem to be in Med, Alaska, and such. I understand these months are only available during that time.

I love the western Caribbean route, but we just did that Thanksgiving. Had a wonderful time on NCL outta New Orleans.

So, this summer would be nice for something different. We would like to drive to Florida from Texas. I have checked into the ones leaving out of San Juan. Those would be great, but I can't seem to get pricing to include a flight.

Thanks for alll the input...:rolleyes:

The Southern Carib. is gorgeous. Book your own flight to San Juan. Better rates and you can pick your flight times. We tend "not" to book flights through the cruise line. I believe you can get a direct flight from Houston or Dallas. (can't remember which one?)

Currently, the Carnival Conquest and the Ecstasy are sailing out of Galveston. The Conquest does Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel while the Ecstasy does Progreso and Cozumel on five day voyages and just Cozumel on four day cruises.

Both ships are lovely and recently out of dry dock. I've sailed both a number of times and can recommend them highly.

The Ecstasy has a brilliant water park (called the Water Works...) that the younger ones (and many older ones...) love. The Conquest has a smaller 'Twister' water slide but the also has a giant screen on the Lido Deck called the SeaSide Theater. They show very recent movies, sporting events and concerts... lots of fun!

As others have mentioned Florida offers a lot of Carnival ships that ply the Caribbean all summer. It's really a question of where you're interested in going and what you want on your ship!

:)

Archived