Cabo - all inclusive resort with a day pass?

Cheeseliz

Now that I recently learned we will be spending an extra day in Cabo rather than one in Mazatlan on our upcoming Disney cruise in March, I need some better ideas. Last cruise in Nov., our clan (myself, hubby, and two kids - ages 4 & 9) took a water taxi to Medano Beach & sat in front of a beach restaurant & enjoyed the day - good but not great. It's not a great beach for kids - sort of rough, lots of people, etc. We would far rather have had a day pass to an all inclusive resort (like El Cid on Mazatlan) that is a little more private with a pool (preferably with a slide & fun things for the kid) as well as beach access & plenty of lounge chairs - even better if it's roped off from the constant stream of beach peddlers!!! Any thoughts or recommendations?

We already have a catamaran cruise in mind for the first day, but want to make sure we get "fun" beach time in for the second day - really bummed we aren't going to Mazatlan, as El Cid was perfect for our family!!!

Now that I recently learned we will be spending an extra day in Cabo rather than one in Mazatlan on our upcoming Disney cruise in March, I need some better ideas. Last cruise in Nov., our clan (myself, hubby, and two kids - ages 4 & 9) took a water taxi to Medano Beach & sat in front of a beach restaurant & enjoyed the day - good but not great. It's not a great beach for kids - sort of rough, lots of people, etc. We would far rather have had a day pass to an all inclusive resort (like El Cid on Mazatlan) that is a little more private with a pool (preferably with a slide & fun things for the kid) as well as beach access & plenty of lounge chairs - even better if it's roped off from the constant stream of beach peddlers!!! Any thoughts or recommendations?

We already have a catamaran cruise in mind for the first day, but want to make sure we get "fun" beach time in for the second day - really bummed we aren't going to Mazatlan, as El Cid was perfect for our family!!!

There are no AIs in Cabo except for the 2 Rius about 2 miles away and they charge $100/pp! If you just want a great beach day, head over to Medano Beach, pick one of the beach bars that looks best for you and enjoy the day. You can use their lounge chairs and umbrellas as long as you are buying food and drinks and it is going to be way better and way cheaper than an AI buffet!

If you Google all things cabo you will get a list of hotels. Contact them ( you can usually do this via e-mail )and inquire about a day pass. We have found some in different ports by doing this. Sometimes all included sometimes just use of facilities. Good luck. We spent the day last year at Gillybans Island on the beach, although during spring break not the best for little ones.

If you Google all things cabo you will get a list of hotels. Contact them ( you can usually do this via e-mail )and inquire about a day pass. We have found some in different ports by doing this. Sometimes all included sometimes just use of facilities. Good luck. We spent the day last year at Gillybans Island on the beach, although during spring break not the best for little ones.

None of those hotels are AI, as I mentioned above, the closest to Cabo are the 2 Riu properties. I think you mean Billygans Island which I agree is not appropriate for kids nor is Mango Deck. I would stick to the quieter places just a bit further down the beach- Sand Bar, Medano Beach Club or Tabascos.

The Dreams Resort in Cabo has a day package for $55. We went to the resort in PV last year and had a great time.

That resort is also not in Cabo but on the corridor between Cabo and San Jose about 12 miles from town. Cab fare would be in the $30 range each way.

• 4 weeks later...

I know two separate couples who have stayed a week at the Riu in Cabo. They loved the place and highly recommend the Riu. What I would like to know, is there anyone out there who has purchased the all inclusive while on a cruise? Was it worth the $100 per person? What bar items and food items were included? Were you able to get a place to sit right next to the pool? Thank you for information from those who actually stayed there. :)

Archived