Museum at Dzibilchaltun Ruins?

ftelah

I have read a few post that have said that the museum is closed but most of them are from back in Sept/Oct 2010 so I was wondering if it was open yet? Trying to decide what to do in Progreso. We have never been there and it sounds like so many ruins to choose from besides just the sites, sounds and smell of the area or into Merida. Have thought about just doing those or Xcambo which from my understanding are closer to the cruise port so that we could also check out a little more of Merida and Progreso. Otherwise Uxmel sounds wonderful. Oh and would love to know also how close the cenote is that someone posted about all the sea turtles being at to snorkel with. Wow sounds like a wonderful place to explore but not enough time.

• 2 weeks later...

There IS a lot to see but you are right, not nearly enough time as you have to drive a little to get to the good stuff.

Dzibilchaltun museum is STILL closed at this moment. Was there just the other day with some "boat people" and saw it all boarded up. Hopefully the long delay means there will be an IMAX or something spectacular there soon.

(kidding about the IMAX)

:)

• 5 months later...

Hey folks,

I wanted to "bump" this thread to try and find out if the museum at Dzibilchaltun ruins is open yet? I had heard that it was really nice to look around - but as of February this year Mr. Lawson said it was STILL closed.

Any updates?

Thanks!

..Trin..

Archived