Ecological Tours & Services excursion in Belize

ThaiDiver

Hi there, was wondering if anyone has ever used Ecological Tours and Services excursion company in Belize before? Am interested in trying to make it down to the San Pedro/ Ambergris Caye area if possible on my cruise stop to either dive or snorkel. From what I've read, the water taxi isnt worth it but this company offers diving by air or shark alley snorkeling by air for not too bad of pricing. Will be on Carnival(supposing issues have been settled by late March) and set in Belize from 8am to 5 pm. If anyone has any experience with this company or any other company that offers a similar tour, I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Have you ever had problems with timing? Seems like there's a lot of naysayers throughout the boards about doing anything outside of the ship's excursions do to the tendering issue and time changes etc.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a RCCL Voyager of the Seas cruise yesterday and were actually in Belize last Thursday (2/10/11). We stayed in the shopping area where the tender boats dropped us off and felt totally safe. We found a company on the pier called Ecological Tours & Services. Their office was a small bulding just off the pier and their website is suppose to be www.belizeshorestours.com or http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/BelizeBeachSnorkeling.htm. They were offering a snorkeling trip to Goff's Caye and we signed up for it. We paid $49 per person, but the internet price seems to be $40 per person. As usual, not knowing this information in advance cost us a few dollars. After about 45 minutes, we boarded the tender boat and headed to one of the most beautiful spots that I've seen in the Caribbean. A very small island with beautiful snorkeling about one minute away. Perfect white sand beaches, beautiful palm trees, and a man cooking some delicious chicken and lobster right on the beach. We finished it all up with some rum punch and headed back to shore.There were only 12-15 of us on the small island and it was like being in a Corona commercial. One of the best "unplanned" excursions we've been on after 12 cruises!

Archived