Early Saver - Positive comment!

spenc

I am wondering how far out some of you originally booked. If you could share how far out, how many price drops you've received, and how much so far that would be great.

I, for one, am a huge fan of early saver! We are at $656 in on-board credit, for two rooms, four passengers, as of today! We have gotten about four or five price drops (I have lost count). We booked in May of last year, for March of this year. I check frequently, and have been OCD and checked daily too.

We booked in early November for a late March sailing. About a month before final payment (which was Jan. 18), we got $30 of of final payment on one of our rooms for 2 people. This past Saturday, we applied for our second credit on the same 2 person room, another $30. The response was there on Monday mid morning. Today(Wed.), mid-afternoon, our third price drop showed up. Applied for it at 3:47, had my response at 5:07. Another $60 credit. AND our second room finally dropped, too! Three in this room. $40 OBC. Feeling good about keeping up on checking!

We got our first Early Saver discount today!! I'm SO excited!! Now for some questions...

*The money was taken off the remaining balance we owe on the cruise but I wanted OBC. Can I request OBC and get that in the future if there is another price drop?

*They sent me an email with my "new" cruise rate. Is that now the rate I go by to see if there is a FURTHER drop?? What if the rate goes UP and then back down? Is this making sense??

Sorry for the confusion. I think ES is risky but a good deal! Thank you ahead of time for any replies!

We got our first Early Saver discount today!! I'm SO excited!! Now for some questions...

*The money was taken off the remaining balance we owe on the cruise but I wanted OBC. Can I request OBC and get that in the future if there is another price drop?

*They sent me an email with my "new" cruise rate. Is that now the rate I go by to see if there is a FURTHER drop?? What if the rate goes UP and then back down? Is this making sense??

Sorry for the confusion. I think ES is risky but a good deal! Thank you ahead of time for any replies!

To the best of my knowledge, you can only get the OBC if the cruise has been paid in full. Prior to that, they just reduce the amount owed. Keep looking to see if the fare drops lower that what you have now on the new form. If it does, apply again. If it goes up, just sit back and smile...you keep the lowest rate between the time you booked and the time of sailing (if you were watchful and caught any price drops). It is possible to up then come down again, just keep an eye on it.

Amy

If you aren't paid up then it is reduced from you balance owing. Your lower rate is now the one you are watching if it goes up you don't pay more but going up then down you are still watching the new rate you have for any drops below that rate.

Our last two cruises we booked ES rate and had good luck but just in the drops before final payment so no OBC for us. Remember to watch the rates multiple times a day as they can change up to four times per day. Also take a print screen when you see a rate lower than your new rate in case of dispute.

Have a great cruise.

Just tried this link, maybe I did something wrong, but it gave a way off price than what was shown when doing a cruise serarch from the main page, off by hundreds of $. Okay, like I said I was looking at it wrong, the price was the total not pp. :)

It never worked for me either.

I always just make a phony booking to check prices.....

Prior to final payment, the lower price will be applied to yur booking which will lower the final payment.

After final payment is when the OBC would be applied to your ship account.

Since booking with ES, our cabin fare has increased $80 pp; so ES is saving us even though the rate isn't going down. I think ES is a great feature for those who can book early and don't stand a risk of having to cancel.

That can happen. For instance, I booke the transcanal repositioning cruise on Elation as soon as the bookings were open. I bought ES hoping to catch any good luck.

HA!!!!

By the second week, all prices had doubled. By the time of final payment, my category cabin (Veranda in one of their so-called "suites" (which is the same size as a standard on other ships...but has a balcony...a very small one)--the price was quadrupled what I paid....

Didn't get any reductions but more than saved by booking the first day...thousands of dollars, for sure.

One day it's the same the next higher :p

Carnival we luv ya, but we're not stupid.:mad:

But then again perhaps we are :eek:

Nah, were not stupid.

Most of us know very well that you have to check rates daily..sometimes more than once because prices change constantly, hour to hour sometimes. And, we're quick as ferrets checking the rates looking for the breaks.

Sometimes we get lucky, other times...not so much.

When you all say you check daily and it takes about 30 seconds, can I ask how you are checking, specifically? When I check, I have been going back through the booking process and starting a fake booking to see if the total is less than I paid. Is there a quicker and/or easier way? Thanks!

That's exactly what I do. I've never had any luck with that "fare saver" thingie.....

I just do a quick phony booking and check the rate.....It's pretty quick providing their website is up and running.

I haven't had any troubles with the FareViewer. It seems to be accurate for my cruises, but maybe it isn't for all of them. I like using it to research future cruises, since I can get prices quickly, and I can get every price of an interior or OV or balcony all on one page. Almost like it used to be.

As far as wanting OBC instead of a rate reduction, don't worry about it. Since you won't pay as much at final payment, just put aside the amount of that rate reduction, and don't spend that money under any circumstances. So when the cruise comes, it's basically the same as having OBC.

I love it too!!! We have two rooms and so far we have taken $150 off the cruise balance. Its not alot, but its something! I check everyday. THe other day it was $709 for past guests....funny today the past guest price starts at $769. Fast and easy!

Sandi

For all the complaints about early saver - there are some good things. We are booked on the Magic transatlantic cruise in October and have had two price drops already. The first one was $140 and we got the confirmation within 24 hours. The price dropped again today and we received confirmation that we received the additional $100 within about two hours. :D

We ended up with $220 in OBC on our 11/27 Miracle cruise. I love ES!!!

That's good to hear, but how often do you need to check for price drops? We're not going again 'til December; I hate the thought of having to check the Carnival website daily...

I like others check at least daily during the week. BUT Im at a computer all day also.

When you all say you check daily and it takes about 30 seconds, can I ask how you are checking, specifically? When I check, I have been going back through the booking process and starting a fake booking to see if the total is less than I paid. Is there a quicker and/or easier way? Thanks!

I use the fare viewer... http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

Just remember. This site gives you the fare for the number of passengers WITHOUT the fees and taxes. So when you fill out the Early Saver form just put half that price in there.

We have booked all of our trips(where it was available) via ES since it came out. We normally dont book until we are sure we can make that trip. Sometimes it is months in advance and once was a week ahead. When we do book I start looking and get booking numbers for others that are sailing with us and complete the ES form for them as well. We just got $40.00 pp discount on 5 cabins for 10 people this week for our July trip.

My PVP explained it to me as... Yes there are good and bad things about ES. If you know you are going on that trip use it. Worse case scenerio is that if you cant make that will you go on another within the next year? (Of Course). Then book ES and save close to the amount of the penalty you will have to pay for changes!!! That (for me) pretty well sums it up!;)

Along with being a cruise lover, I am an Early Saver lover! My husband and I have three cabins booked for this May (we are taking our kids and grandkids) and we have had 5 price reductions in the past six weeks. We will be saving a total of $860.00 off our final payment on the three cabins. Who knows? Maybe more price reductions await us! I check Carnival's website twice a day. Tuesday evenings seem to be when I have found the most price changes.

Thanks to a suggestion I saw on this board, I signed up at www.*************** to monitor the fares on the cruise we have booked. I think it's like $1 per cruise, and you indicate as many room categories on that sailing as you want. When the price changes either way, they send you an email, and you can look into it further yourself. This saves me from having to check the Carnival website every day. I just check when I get the email that there's been a change. In my case, I haven't saved any money yet. The early saver fare is over, and although the rates on the funsaver fares have dropped, they have not dropped below what we paid with ES. But, at least I am assured we have the best deal possible. :)

Thanks to a suggestion I saw on this board, I signed up at www.*************** to monitor the fares on the cruise we have booked. I think it's like $1 per cruise, and you indicate as many room categories on that sailing as you want. When the price changes either way, they send you an email, and you can look into it further yourself. This saves me from having to check the Carnival website every day. I just check when I get the email that there's been a change. In my case, I haven't saved any money yet. The early saver fare is over, and although the rates on the funsaver fares have dropped, they have not dropped below what we paid with ES. But, at least I am assured we have the best deal possible. :)

Didn't realize that the website would be blocked. It's ********** dot net.

Didn't realize the website would be blocked. It's ********** dot net.

Archived