Early Saver - Positive comment!

spenc

They aren't letting you post the website because I am assuming it charges a fee and they are counting that as an advertisement for that service which is not allowed.

Got it. Well, I'm not affiliated with the company. I am just using and liking their service. To me, it's like recommending a particular spa service on the ship, shore excursion in port, or hotel to stay in pre- or post-cruise. You'd have to pay for those if you followed my recommendation, just like there's a charge for this company's service. Recommending a service seems different from an advertisement since I'm not standing to gain from it myself. But, I'm pretty new here and not intending to break any rules. :)

Since everyone seems to check their ES for price drops I thought I better check mine. Woo, not only hasn't it gone down, it has almost doubled in price. We are still a year out but I am so glad we booked when we did. I will continue to check though.

Kris

this time we got in time for early saver ;-) cruise is for October this year... I found a thingy on the web that tracks cruise prices. (sorry I can not mention name, against the rules) but paid my 5 bucks for 5 credits and used one credit for the cruise. I received email last night for my first reduction and form already submitted. I asked carnival employee when price went down and they said about 20 minutes ago... was on phone to carnival when email came ...needed information for another cruise.

so far I have saved 30 bucks a head and it is only Jan...

I am doing happy dance

I booked a OS suite on The Magic for a Med cruise in October through an online TA. She tried different variables and said that the cheapest rate would be the ES rate which I agreed to. My question is when I go to check to see if there is a price drop do I only check the actual cruise price without the taxes or the whole amount that I paid? Also, what are the chances of the suites going down in price versus the other cabins? Sorry if these seem like stupid questions but this ES rate is pretty confusing.

Got it. Well, I'm not affiliated with the company. I am just using and liking their service. To me, it's like recommending a particular spa service on the ship, shore excursion in port, or hotel to stay in pre- or post-cruise. You'd have to pay for those if you followed my recommendation, just like there's a charge for this company's service. Recommending a service seems different from an advertisement since I'm not standing to gain from it myself. But, I'm pretty new here and not intending to break any rules. :)

I got that and personally don't think it is a big deal....just trying to figure out why they wouldn't let it post and that's the only thing I could figure out. :D

I booked a OS suite on The Magic for a Med cruise in October through an online TA. She tried different variables and said that the cheapest rate would be the ES rate which I agreed to. My question is when I go to check to see if there is a price drop do I only check the actual cruise price without the taxes or the whole amount that I paid? Also, what are the chances of the suites going down in price versus the other cabins? Sorry if these seem like stupid questions but this ES rate is pretty confusing.

Not stupid questions at all! You look at the actual cabin price, before taxes and fees. I don't know what the chances of a suite price going down are, as I have only booked balcony and interior rooms. Our balcony room has dropped $159 per person total, and the interior room has dropped $169 per person so far.

It seems like a lot of people complain about it being difficult to check on pricing, but I think it has been worth the effort! With the amount of on-board credit we have now (plus we have $200 in future cruise certificates applied), we basically have the interior room for free! That is just for booking early saver and being attentive to the website. I did not pay anyone to send my updates on pricing, I was just diligent in checking Carnival's site.

Archived