native way

BillyPilgrim

My family will be in Grand Cayman on Feb 28th and would like to go on Native Ways Reef, Rays and Rum Point. My question is will we make it. The ship time says we will be in port from 8am to 3pm on the carnival inspiration leaving from Tampa. This is part of the email from Native Way regarding the tour.

From Native Way

"The tour departs the pier at 8:30 AM Eastern Time and completes at around 1:45 PM Eastern Time. We ask that you check in no later than 8:15 AM Eastern Time. When you come ashore, look for the person carrying the sign that says Native Way Watersports. You may also ask for us at the information booth at the cruise ship terminal."

How long does it take to tender ashore? This is my first cruise with carnival

Our other back up option is Moby dick tour and end up on seven mile beach for the rest of the day.

Thanks

NativeWay knows that you do not always have control over your arrival time. We did this tour, and while I don't recall the exact times, we had no trouble getting there in time to reach the tour.

Email them your concerns - I am sure they will reasure you.

Tendering doesn't take that long. It's really a short 5 minute ride once you are on the tender. There could be long lines and you will probably be given a ticket to know which tender group you are in while you wait in the dining room before going to the tender. You may want to get there early to get one one of the earlier tenders.

Rum Point is beautiful and while I don't think you'll have any problem at all, if you are unsure, book with MobyDick or Capt Marvin.

FWIW, Nativeway also contracts with Carnival and Princess so it's very likely if you book privately, the Nativeway boat next to you at the stingray bar or Rum Point will be full with your fellow cruisers. My son did this tour last week (had to go through the ship since there was no more room via private bookings). He loved every second of it!

Whatever you decide, have a great cruise!

I did that exact Nativeway tour on our Inspiration cruise.

The most difficult part is being able to GET on an early tender, to get off the ship.

They load everybody with a Carnival excursion on the tenders, before they take the first, non-Carnival excursion person.

Non-Carnival people have to get tender numbers, to get in line after the Carnival people.

I made my excursion with 10-15 minutes to spare that morning.

The problem was coming back.

Nativeway ensured everybody on our excursion that we would be back in plenty of time for the final tender. (we had us, the Freedom and two RCCL ships represented on our excursion)

After multiple screw ups during the day, and the time seeming late, our driver kept ensuring us, we had plenty of time, we pulled up at the pier with less than 15 minutes for us and 1 of the RCCL ships and the 2 people from the other RCCL ship's last tender, was supposed to have been already past. (I don't know if they did make their ship or not) Us and the RCCL people had to sprint from the street, before the pier area, to make the final few tenders.

Bill

Archived