BREAKING: Solo Cabins on Radiance

flagger

• 2 years later...

howdy all,

first up, a disclaimer: i don't know if there's more recent info than i'm offering, but i saw this thread and thought i'd offer the stuff i know about the "new" solo cabins on older rccl ships.

i came across the 'solo' cabins on serenade ots 100% by 'chance' a couple months ago. rccl posted the solos 'for sale' on a cruise i'd been lookin at [add-on/b2b] for another rccl trip i'm taking.

my recollection of the [discounted] price for inside guarantee studio stateroom: +/- $961 base (before about $140 for taxes, etc) for a 12 day cruise. there were no pictures/schematics, etc 'available' ... but i put a 'hold' on one of the solo's anyhow. ***, right? lol

i called ruth, the rccl sales person i've kinda worked with, to ask about the solo quarters on serenade ots, but she didn't know anything about'em. said she'd do some recon and call me back--which she did. seems like rccl 'put' the cabins 'up' on the site for just a little while (i don't know why) ... and i happened to look while they were 'up', and put one on hold, etc.

ruth said rccl would honor the solo price for me, but couldn't promise i'd be in a one of the new solo cabins (as is the nature of any 'guarantee' cabin, right?)

but the cabins are definitely real and (if not now) will soon be ready for occupancy. i haven't seen them advertised again--but i haven't been lookin for them either. $400 to change my air reservation, was enough to make me "drop" the idea. lol anyone know how to 'get around' flight 'change fees"? haha

anyhow, space the solo cabins now occupy, was [before the addition] one of two (1 port & 1 starboard) wide hallways leading to the 'relections' mdr. now there's only one passenger entrance (from what i can see) to the mdr. because it seems like cc blocks some links, sometimes--and i'm not sure which is which ... rather than post links to deck-plans, i'll tell y'all where i looked:

the diagram showing 'after' (solos were added) is on the rccl site> serenade ots> deck 4 (aft)> cabins 4583, 85 & 87.

for a diagram showing "before" the solo cabins were added: i looked on the vtg site> ships> serenade ots> deck plan> deck 4, starboard/mid-aft ... adjacent to/just forward of the 'reflections dining room'.

ps: best (the way my head works, at least) to look at the 'after' diagram first, because the 'before' won't make as much sense otherwise.

ruth (the lady at rccl) didn't know the sq footage, etc of the cabins -- but my (uneducated) guess is that they're about the size of an rccl inside cabin, minus the small sitting area (maybe 115 - 125 sq ft??)--but (again) that's pure speculation on my part.

if there's new information 'out there', kindly let me know. i like it [a lot] that more cruise companies are [at least] experimenting with offering 'real' solo fares and/or accommodations. for sure, a step in the right direction!

s/f

vr/semperpup

over...

Archived