Stingray city and limited mobility (particularly w/capt marvin)

sr5242

Has anyone with physical limitations ever taken the stingray city/snorkel tour? I am esp. interested in people with experiences with Capt Marvin.

My mother has hip and knee problems, walks with a cane very slowly and has trouble up and down stairs. I am wondering if she would be able to get off the boats at stingray city?

any input is appreciated!

I would contact the operators directly. We definitely had to be very careful boarding the boat at the dock and climbing the ladders at the back of the boat to enter the water (Moby Dick - but most will be similar). They may have accomodations available that we didn't see, so check with them directly. The operators recommended on this board won't lie about it because they'll have a legal liability if something happens. Remember that GC is a tender port, so there's getting on and off the tender, getting to the bus transportation to the tour boat, getting on and off the tour boat, AND getting in and out of the boat at the sandbar. If you can make it work, though, she'll probably LOVE the stingrays.

Archived