Dress code.....

rlsii488

When it comes right down to it Celebrity is more concerned about being profitable and filling their ships than maintaining a cruise tradition. So if they think it is more profitable to keep the tradition of formal night they will, and if they don't think it is they won't.

You hit the nail on the head.Revenue and furure revenue streams will dictate the future dress codes.Just look at the other Cruiselines and I think you will have your answer.

I find it hard to believe that you could or would be ridiculed for being dressed formally, on any night of any cruise!

Brad: As I have mentioned in a previous post, some of the passengers on Azamara Journey were dressed in formal attire and nobody ridiculed them.

I agree with your posts and for the life of me can't figure out the thrill of playing dress up. That being said, I do it anyway but not to thrill Susie V.

I like the product and will play along.

Happy sailing.

Here's what I have a difficult time understanding. There are many of you posting here who have said (ad nauseum) that you do not like or appreciate the very few formal nights on a cruise. You refer to it as 'playing dress up', and on and on. But many of you who post your dislike, also post that you will comply. OK, fine.

Why in the world do you need to keep saying the same things over and over and over if you plan to comply with Celebrity's dress code? Why do you feel the need to do so? Now that make no sense to me at all.

You've voiced your opinions, and you've said you will still comply. Then give it a rest!!:) Is it only to antagonize fellow cruisers, or make a name for yourselves on the boards, or insult others with names such as " fashion police, or "people who are incapable of change"? As one poster so proudly seemed to ruminate, "I do it to annoy you". Oh please!

Mary

When it comes right down to it Celebrity is more concerned about being profitable and filling their ships than maintaining a cruise tradition. So if they think it is more profitable to keep the tradition of formal night they will, and if they don't think it is they won't.

So does Celebrity make more or less profit than other cruise lines; such as NCL, etc. who does not have formal nights? Just wondering if the casual dress code brings in more dollars to a cruise line.

Not to enrage anymore pro-formal night people, but we could say the same thing you say. We are not bucking "the rules." We do comply (like the Borg on the old Star Trek Next Generation) and be assimilated. However, change is good and the cruise line cannot afford to be stagnant when they want to attract new cruise passengers. Other than letting Celebrity directly know how a lot of us feel, which I know we do by our emails and comment cards, etc, this is a good forum for letting our feelings be known. If they want to change things, they will, and we will all be here when or if it happens. Can't anyone have an opinion if it doesn't match your or other pro-formal night people's opinions?

Thank you --- you provided some much needed sanity to this discussion!!!

Here's what I have a difficult time understanding. There are many of you posting here who have said (ad nauseum) that you do not like or appreciate the very few formal nights on a cruise. You refer to it as 'playing dress up', and on and on. But many of you who post your dislike, also post that you will comply. OK, fine.

Why in the world do you need to keep saying the same things over and over and over if you plan to comply with Celebrity's dress code? Why do you feel the need to do so? Now that make no sense to me at all.

You've voiced your opinions, and you've said you will still comply. Then give it a rest!!:) Is it only to antagonize fellow cruisers, or make a name for yourselves on the boards, or insult others with names such as " fashion police, or "people who are incapable of change"? As one poster so proudly seemed to ruminate, "I do it to annoy you". Oh please!

Mary

I completely understand your point here, but it certainly is not JUST the "anti-formal" posters who are posting just to antagonize...

You say that some of "anti-formal" people try to "insult others with names such as " fashion police, or "people who are incapable of change"?. Okay. So then how do you explain the comment a few posts back by a poster who is FOR the formal nights, who called another poster an "unreasonable toddler"?

If anything, EVERYONE needs to stop trying to antagonize EVERYONE else. I don't see either side as acting "classier" than the other side in this fun debate. ;)

I'm beginning to think that a nude cruise is becoming more desirable by avoiding the dress code matter altogether.

But then you get into the "Full Brazilian" vs "Unshaved" issue, and it all starts again! :D

Happy sailing!

Regards, Ned

I'm beginning to think that a nude cruise is becoming more desirable by avoiding the dress code matter altogether.

But then you get into the "Full Brazilian" vs "Unshaved" issue, and it all starts again! :D

Happy sailing!

Regards, Ned

Thank you Ned! And that is about how ridiculous this thread has seemed to get!

Have a great day!

Archived