Upsell Fairy - Pride of America from Family Aft Balcony to Deluxe Family suite

tone1

We are so happy and grateful to have received a call from the Upsell fairy for our upcoming Hawaii cruise on POA.:)

Going from category AF 2bdrm Family aft-balcony to category AC 2bdrm Deluxe Family Suite. Hopefully we won't miss that aft wraparound balcony as we will be getting an extra bathroom, a great view from the bow, and all those great suite perks!

Requested at the same time if the other couple travelling with us would be able to upsell from their BA balcony. Offered the Owner's Suite, then generously offered the Grand Suite for the same upgrade price! Unfortunately, we didn't call back in time for the Grand Suite, but they were still lucky enough to upgrade to the Owner's Suite.:D

Does anyone who has been on these suites on POA have any advice on how best to enjoy the "suite" life, especially with no at-sea days?

First time for us on NCL, but not in a suite - any general advice for NCL suites?

We are so happy and grateful to have received a call from the Upsell fairy for our upcoming Hawaii cruise on POA.:)

Going from category AF 2bdrm Family aft-balcony to category AC 2bdrm Deluxe Family Suite. Hopefully we won't miss that aft wraparound balcony as we will be getting an extra bathroom, a great view from the bow, and all those great suite perks!

Requested at the same time if the other couple travelling with us would be able to upsell from their BA balcony. Offered the Owner's Suite, then generously offered the Grand Suite for the same upgrade price! Unfortunately, we didn't call back in time for the Grand Suite, but they were still lucky enough to upgrade to the Owner's Suite.:D

Does anyone who has been on these suites on POA have any advice on how best to enjoy the "suite" life, especially with no at-sea days?

First time for us on NCL, but not in a suite - any general advice for NCL suites?

Just curious, how far you out from your cruise? Thanks

I haven't been in the Suites on POA, but I have been in the suites on Gem and Jewel. Some thoughts of how to "take advantage" even though you will be in port often:

1. I am sure your port days are planned, so on some or all of your port days, order breakfast from your Butler in your cabin. It is a nice treat and some don't take advantage.

2. Call the conceirge as soon as you are on the ship and request priority tender tickets.

3. Use the concierge to make a spa appointment for you. Whatever time or day I wanted, it was always available.

4. Attend the Captain's cocktail party. You get to rub elbows with the senior officers and the Hotel Director who can get you anything!

5. Tell your Butler your plans in advance and let him know each day when you will be returning. Tell him what you especially like: Chocolate covered strawberries, apples, cheese and crackers etc. If you are specific, he will make it appear.

6. Ask your Butler to unpack your clothes for you. I have never done it, but it is part of his listed duties.

You will be surprised how pampered you will feel even if you don't use all of the services offered to you.

Have a great time!:)

Just curious, how far you out from your cruise? Thanks

Got our call yesterday and we cruise Feb. 12th.

How awesome for you and your travelling companions!!

Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!!!

Thank you!

I haven't been in the Suites on POA, but I have been in the suites on Gem and Jewel. Some thoughts of how to "take advantage" even though you will be in port often:

1. I am sure your port days are planned, so on some or all of your port days, order breakfast from your Butler in your cabin. It is a nice treat and some don't take advantage.

2. Call the conceirge as soon as you are on the ship and request priority tender tickets.

3. Use the concierge to make a spa appointment for you. Whatever time or day I wanted, it was always available.

4. Attend the Captain's cocktail party. You get to rub elbows with the senior officers and the Hotel Director who can get you anything!

5. Tell your Butler your plans in advance and let him know each day when you will be returning. Tell him what you especially like: Chocolate covered strawberries, apples, cheese and crackers etc. If you are specific, he will make it appear.

6. Ask your Butler to unpack your clothes for you. I have never done it, but it is part of his listed duties.

You will be surprised how pampered you will feel even if you don't use all of the services offered to you.

Have a great time!:)

These are great tips! Thanks.

Archived