Thankyou thankyou thankyou HAL FYI

hoidada

As a final to my OP, I would like to affirm, that I really do like HAL for the choices they offer. I don`t enjoy bashing or being argumentive.

Please CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING WORDS CARFULLY.

``Guarantee`` has a specific text definition that HAL has chosen to re define in order to suit thier purposes,hence the games to which I have previously referred.

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN COMMONLY DECENT TO CONTACT ME BY ANY OF THE AVAILABLE SOURCES TO ASK IF THIER SO CALLED UPGRADE WAS ACCEPTABLE. THEY DID NOT,.AND I DISLIKE ANYONE MAKING DECISIONS ON MY BEHALF AS TO WHAT I WOULD LIKE WITHOUT NOTICE.

TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED, HAPPY CRUISING. I WILL UPDATE AT CRUISE END.

What HAL was guaranteeing (and what you decided to purchase) is a passage at a guaranteed PRICE corresponding to Category I

You were NOT given any "upgrade", you were assigned exactly what you signed for.

To explain a little further (IF you would care to learn):

You were lucky to be able to book at that price range since there were no I cabins available for specific booking. This is the critical information !

So you dig get a Guarantee of an I category PRICE ! But NEVER a guarantee of an I Category cabin ! !

A minimal amount of reading of what YOU signed would have made this crystal clear.

As have most other cruise lines, this practice is not unique to Hal at all.

Call it a "game" if you wish but if you're going to play, know the rules...

EXACTLY ! : This is just simply how it works on all cruise lines and always has.

The OP thinks she can win a futile argument by claiming to know ONE definition of "guarantee" in English, while denying the FACT that there are other definitions (as there are for MOST words).

Some people just refuse to learn !

How sad :(

r.

Archived