Epic Pictures including 16016 courtyard villa (A3) and 2-5 kids club

youngestof9

Thanks so much for the link to your photos. I will be in that cabin in a few weeks and seeing your photos really helped clarify some things I had been curious about. I have been most interested in the second bedroom. I will be traveling with two 16 year old boys and I hoped that the second bedroom had enough storage space to tuck their things out of the way. It was also good to see how much actual floor space there is when the beds are made up for the night. Your photos of the courtyard were great too. Thanks again.

Thanks for the photographs. I'll be in that "kids" bedroom this weekend, although several generations past the kid phase! I am wondering about the door to the 2nd bedroom... it appears to be translucent. Is there a real door that isn't shown in the photograph? I had imagined that there was one I could close properly.

Thanks for sharing your photos. Is the bed in the second bedroom large enough for an adult to sleep in, and is it comfortable? We'll be in 16009 shortly.

Thanks.

the red couch that they convert to a bed is about the size of a twin bed. I'm 5'9" and fit fine when I was laying with my daughter (I didn't sleep there, but lay there just fine). They put a really comfortable white feather comforter and it's really comfy.

My older daughter is about 125 pounds and 5'2" and slept in the upper bunk just fine.

I would say the only downfall (and it really isn't a downfall, but annoying) to this room is that because it's the last room, it's close to the door of the hallway that leads to the courtyard grill (in the pics, if you look at the pic of the courtyard grill bar, the door directly to the right of that is the door that leads to the hallway). Sometimes the wind is VERY strong and creates almost a vacuum effect so the door slams. A few nights on our cruise, they blocked the door and you had to walk around the other way to get out because the door was heavy and slamming. But after last night's foot of snow, I'll take the slamming door on the Epic any day ;)

Thanks for the photographs. I'll be in that "kids" bedroom this weekend, although several generations past the kid phase! I am wondering about the door to the 2nd bedroom... it appears to be translucent. Is there a real door that isn't shown in the photograph? I had imagined that there was one I could close properly.

I just added a pic that shows the door to the 2nd bedroom.

the red couch that they convert to a bed is about the size of a twin bed. I'm 5'9" and fit fine when I was laying with my daughter (I didn't sleep there, but lay there just fine). They put a really comfortable white feather comforter and it's really comfy.

My older daughter is about 125 pounds and 5'2" and slept in the upper bunk just fine.

I would say the only downfall (and it really isn't a downfall, but annoying) to this room is that because it's the last room, it's close to the door of the hallway that leads to the courtyard grill (in the pics, if you look at the pic of the courtyard grill bar, the door directly to the right of that is the door that leads to the hallway). Sometimes the wind is VERY strong and creates almost a vacuum effect so the door slams. A few nights on our cruise, they blocked the door and you had to walk around the other way to get out because the door was heavy and slamming. But after last night's foot of snow, I'll take the slamming door on the Epic any day ;)

Interesting note about the noise of the door. I was originally in a room on the 17th floor under the public sundeck and I moved to 16016 because I was worried about the noise from the 18th floor sundeck,. I had concerns about 16016 since is was right next to the Courtyard Grill and Bar. I was afraid it might be noisy, but I also thought the convenience of being on the 16th floor would be nice. Oh well, I am on vacation from my job, I am not doing laundry, making lunches, checking homework, grocery shopping, making dinner or chauffering teens to events. I will be having adult beverages and letting other people prepare meals, make the beds, etc. so if the doors slams now and again it won't bother me!

Interesting note about the noise of the door. I was originally in a room on the 17th floor under the public sundeck and I moved to 16016 because I was worried about the noise from the 18th floor sundeck,. I had concerns about 16016 since is was right next to the Courtyard Grill and Bar. I was afraid it might be noisy, but I also thought the convenience of being on the 16th floor would be nice. Oh well, I am on vacation from my job, I am not doing laundry, making lunches, checking homework, grocery shopping, making dinner or chauffering teens to events. I will be having adult beverages and letting other people prepare meals, make the beds, etc. so if the doors slams now and again it won't bother me!

truthfully, if there's no wind, there's NO noise. The bar isn't busy at night - in fact it was closed most evenings. it's such a convenient room. it's close to the pool, the BAR!!, right around from the conceirge desk and not far from elevators and epic club. I was glad actually because I felt if my kids were loud nobody was on the other side except the bottles from the bar!

Plus maybe this will ensure your getting Roel as your butler. He was so great. We mentioned my girls love chocolate chip cookies and every single day he'd bring us a new plate of different cookies. He was really so nice. I hope you enjoy the room as much as we did!

Thanks very much for posting the information about the 2nd bedroom and the picture of the door - really eased my mind! Now I just have to worry about my suitcase since I often keep a few things in there and access them as I go... ah well, I knew this would be a different experience in many ways!

I will post a full report when I return. I have two more (Carnival Liberty Jan. 1 and HAL Nieuw Amsterdam Jan 9 to polish up and post, too) along with an actual review of the AMACELLO river cruise I took in October so I can't promise it will be an instant report, but it will be up in the near future.

Wow! Thanks so much for those great pictures. We're in 16014, so I guess it'll be pretty much the same. Thanks too for posting the kids club info. We don't board until May, but seeing your pictures is getting me excited.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in posting my Trip Report. I just wanted to say that I loved my little room. It was a perfect little retreat in which to get dressed, sleep, shower, do make-up, write up my notes, etc. When I walked in, my first thought was that the room made me think of a Pullman Car on a train (but a lot more comfortable!) It's compact, but there's room for everything. The bathroom is a fine size with a big shower and lots of storage space. There isn't a separate closet, but there's a place to put hangers with a curtain to hide the clothes and you can get as many hangers as you need - plenty of room for a week. There's a little television although the week we sailed the news was fairly limited - it was Egypt all the time... tough to find out about the weather and other important information from the t.v. There's also a little desk/shelf area where you can put your alarm clock, computer, etc. and do your make up or write up your notes. The one thing that was missing was some sort of a night light. This was a problem because it was pitch dark in the room and if you left the bathroom light on, it was way too light. The bathroom door is translucent and the mirror opposite reflects all the light into the room. I ended up twisting the reading lamp farthest from my pillow into the wall and using that, but it was more light than I wanted. I usually bring a small flashlight, but I also usually bring my husband, who supplies flashlights and who gave me a different one to use on the last cruise. As a result, I didn't have the one I usually carry. So, my advice is to bring a night light you can plug into the outlet into the bathroom and then you'll be all set.

Linda

PS I did ask the butler to help with this problem, but that is another story for another day....

Archived