Cozumel Costa maya weather going on Epic next week

rckymtair

Hi.

We are going on the Epic Next week western Carribean to Roatan, Costa Maya and Cozumel, I checked the weather for next week looks like rain almost every day and alot colder than we expected 70-74 degrees for highs (weather from weather.com doesn't look like much beach weather ) when we booked the cruise we checked the average highs for early feb. and it stated 80-81 degrees, alot colder than normal temps. but I guess this year almost every where it has been colder than normal.

What I am wondering is how accurate weather.com is for roatan, cozumel weather and if anyone has recently came back from those locations and how is the weather is it beach weather or is it cold ?

Someone also told me that the cruise lines try to keep the boat in nicer sunny weather is that true ?

Just returned from Jamaica/Grand Cayman/Cozumel and can tell you that the forecast a week out was completely worthless. Any forecast more than 5 days prior to our cruise was showing 60% chance of rain in Coz, but we spent a glorious sunny, hot day there Friday.

Cruise ships don't have a lot of choice when it comes to their routes. If the weather is dangerous at a port, they may skip or substitute, but they're not going to spend $1000 for extra fuel just to go around a cloud.

We did Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya and Coz back in January 2007 and got rained on just a little everywhere except Coz, but it was never uncomfortable. Spent time in the water in Roatan and Coz and it was wonderful.

Best you can do is cross your fingers and take a rain jacket just in case.

Archived