Crown Princess-rear facing balcony

kelkel2

So we booked a guarantee BG category and got upgraded to a BB level. I'm super excited that we got upgraded, but we got put in a balcony that faces the back of the ship. Now, I'm not really disappointed by this, but have any of you guys ever stayed in a balcony that faces the back of the ship? Did you like it? I mean we have suites on the floor below us and above us so I'm assuming it's a nice area to be, plus I kinda think with being at the end of the hall it may be quieter? Anyone have any thoughts?

I am SOOO jealous! I booked a BG and just got a few "upgrades" but nothing I would care about. Rear facing are the best and usually quite an additional cost. We have booked there on a couple cruises and they are our FAVORITE! I think they beat a minisuite---b/c the balcony is more useful than the room! :D

Enjoy :D

Thanks guys! This is our second cruise and a whole new experience and I am really excited to try out an aft balcony. Who knows, maybe we will always look for them in the future. We booked for $799 and the value on this room is $949 a person!!! LUCKY US!

Thanks guys! This is our second cruise and a whole new experience and I am really excited to try out an aft balcony. Who knows, maybe we will always look for them in the future. We booked for $799 and the value on this room is $949 a person!!! LUCKY US!

Always make you feel like a winner!! So happy for you, the aft wake is just something so special and seeing the port as you are leaving is just so relaxing.

Jan

Depending on the balcony you may have the beam in the balcony. It's a little annoying, although not necessarily as bad as some people make it out to be. Also makes for a great spot to hold onto if the ship tips :).

Some people don't necessarily like the aft cabins because there can be a little more vibration there. Personally, I love them. All but one of our trips on a ship that has the aft cabins we've been there, and all the upcoming trips we're also booked aft.

I am so sorry for you. Now you're going to learn how GREAT the aft is and you'll never want to go back :D. Seriously, we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the aft. We wouldn't book anything else. Watching the wake of the ship is just so peaceful and relaxing. And you get to see the views on both sides of the ship which is especially nice when leaving port. Oh, and the sunsets are just so wonderful back there. Frankly, I think you really lucked out. We were on the Emerald Princess (which I believe is a sister ship to the Crown Princess) over Thanksgiving and we loved our stateroom and balcony which was B755. We came home and booked another cruise on the same ship and in the same stateroom for April.

Archived