best thing to do in Aruba with 2 and 6 YO?

sarahtar

Obviously, we could just take a cab to the beach... but we've got 4 ports we're visiting, and I don't think our family's up for the beach in all 4 ports. So... OTHER than the beach, what's great in Aruba with kids? Doesn't have to be kid-oriented, but something like shopping all day is not going to cut it, you know?

Thanks so much. I've read thru 3 or 4 pages of threads here, and it's starting to get overwhelming.

Depalm Island is really fun. They have a water park for the kids, a beach area, snorkeling and some other activities. You can check on their website. A lot of people enjoy the donkey sanctuary. There is also an ostrich farm and a butterfly farm. If you decide to go to the beach, Eagle Beach and Palm Beach are really nice. Baby Beach is calm and shallow, but its an expensive taxi ride, and you need to make arrangements with him to return to pick you up.

We took a tour with Bully - his name is mentioned often here, and his e-mail address is available if you do a search.

We arranged for him to bring a car seat for my 2-y-o grandson.

He showed us many sights and we stopped at the donkey sanctuary. My grandson loved it - so did the adults!!!

He dropped us off at Eagle Beach, which we really loved, then picked us up about an hour later.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We just got back from our cruise which stopped in Aruba.

We decided to try the Atlantis submarine trip-- amazing.:D:D

We had the most fantastic trip- lovely boat ride out to the dive site/ sub trip which went to the bottom of the sea and we saw some fantastic sights - ship wrecks/ fish/turtles ec.

The kids would love it.

Elaine

We've just got back from a 2 week cruise and visited Aruba last week - we did the P&O glass bottom boat trip from Palm Beach i'm sure it can be booked indendently though - our kids are 10,7,7 and we then spent the afternoon on Eagle Beach as it was less crowded.

Archived