Cozumel cruise excursion blues..... Please help!!!

Crusin' Momma

The last cruise we went on I promised myself that the next one I would try going through a 3rd party for my excursions. Our next cruise is in December and my family are looking to me to find excursions for them as well and I am having a hard time finding what I want (maybe there is just too many to choose from!) Does anyone have a particular company they like using in Cozumel (that isn't necessarily one of the main stream companies)? Also I will have my 3 kids with me (ages 13, 6, and 4) so we would like something that is "kid friendly." I am not sure my two youngest would feel comfortable snorkeling or zip-lining and we are planning on doing ruins in Costa Maya, Cave tubing in Belize, and Honduras we are looking at a private island tour... so I want to stay away from those types of things.... Anyone have any suggestions???:confused:

Can't help much with excursion suggestions on Cozumel. We were there Friday and just took a taxi to Punta Sur (GORGEOUS park) and shopped in San Miguel.

However, if the weather is nice at Roatan, you should ask your driver to stop at Half Moon Bay to snorkel. We were there New Year's Day 2007 and the bay is shallow and PACKED with beautiful coral and fish. You can get snorkel and fins at a shop at the bay (plus coconut shrimp, if the same place is still in business!). Check my slideshow:

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o175/VRRoom/Roatan/?albumview=slideshow

I am looking for kind of the same in Cozumel. We went off on our own for one trip and didn't find the great experience that we wanted. I am still looking.

Now, on the other hand... Belize and cavetubing! Bingo!!! I searched on the net and found this company cave-tubing dot com. They are the best! Fun, funny, great guides. After four cruises, we still consider them the best. We stopped at an open air restauant out in the middle of nowhere for some awesome food, also!

Good luck, have a wonderful vacation!

With kids aged 13, 6 and 4 Paradise Beach will really be paradise for them. Easy to taxi there on your own. 2$ per lounge chair, 12$ for each person who goes on all the inflatable water toys and water trampoline. Big pool too.

I agree....it sounds like with the other ports covered...Cozumel would be a great beach day ....

and now that Paradise Beach has a HUGE new pool....it sounds like the idea spot!!

Just back from Cozumel travelling with 2 kids, ages 3 and 9, as well as two older ladies, one in a wheelchair.

This is what we did: (from Puerta Maya pier)

When we got to the taxi-stand we found a driver who had a sign with prices listed. We were going to take a taxi to Dzul-Ha (The Money Bar), but someone in our group had asked about Glass Bottom Boat rides, so we asked the taxi driver about that. He suggested we cross the street and find Pepe under the yellow banner (we could see this from where we were standing, it is a yellow banner for a Chinese Food Restaurant). My husband and I went across and Pepe showed us several tour options. We decided on a simple Glass Bottom Boat tour with the opportunity for some of us to snorkel from the boat. We agreed on a price (a bit of bargaining) then we paid for our group, and then crossed back over to help them with the kids and wheelchair. There were security officers (traffic police I think) who were very helpful in holding traffic for us to cross. We waited about 15 minutes for a mini-van to pick us up and drive us downtown so we could eat and shop a little before boarding the small boat. At 12:30 we met at the tour operator stand downtown (where they had originally dropped us off) which is actually right across from the pier where you will get on the boat. We waited again for about 10 minutes and then we were helped across the street and started getting onboard. From there, we boated about to 3 reefs where some of us snorkeled, and the rest just peered through the glass bottom. My 3 year old was content during the whole 2 hours. They then dropped us back as close as they could to Puerta Maya. We did have to walk about 3 blocks back, but it wasn't really an issue. All in all, it was a nice tour and very affordable, much more so than the Ship offered Excursions. I would do it again no doubt.

If you don't mind how much did you pay per person? I am looking into doing this...

Just back from Cozumel travelling with 2 kids, ages 3 and 9, as well as two older ladies, one in a wheelchair.

This is what we did: (from Puerta Maya pier)

When we got to the taxi-stand we found a driver who had a sign with prices listed. We were going to take a taxi to Dzul-Ha (The Money Bar), but someone in our group had asked about Glass Bottom Boat rides, so we asked the taxi driver about that. He suggested we cross the street and find Pepe under the yellow banner (we could see this from where we were standing, it is a yellow banner for a Chinese Food Restaurant). My husband and I went across and Pepe showed us several tour options. We decided on a simple Glass Bottom Boat tour with the opportunity for some of us to snorkel from the boat. We agreed on a price (a bit of bargaining) then we paid for our group, and then crossed back over to help them with the kids and wheelchair. There were security officers (traffic police I think) who were very helpful in holding traffic for us to cross. We waited about 15 minutes for a mini-van to pick us up and drive us downtown so we could eat and shop a little before boarding the small boat. At 12:30 we met at the tour operator stand downtown (where they had originally dropped us off) which is actually right across from the pier where you will get on the boat. We waited again for about 10 minutes and then we were helped across the street and started getting onboard. From there, we boated about to 3 reefs where some of us snorkeled, and the rest just peered through the glass bottom. My 3 year old was content during the whole 2 hours. They then dropped us back as close as they could to Puerta Maya. We did have to walk about 3 blocks back, but it wasn't really an issue. All in all, it was a nice tour and very affordable, much more so than the Ship offered Excursions. I would do it again no doubt.

I went to cozumel last week on the Carnival Liberty. First off, the entire cruise was great. I have been on 9 and everything was top notch. My wife and i saw Samantha Brown on the travel channel do the Tequila tasting at Mr Sanchos Beach Club, so we booked in online (not through the ship saved a lot of $$$) The Tequila tour last about 2 hours. You get a full tutorial about tequila and how tequila is made while drinking it at the same time. Your initial setup is 8 shot glasses and a margarita. Also included is lunch. You have lunch midway through the tutorial. I am a home brewer and enjoy learning how different liquors are made so i though it was a great experiecne. Included in this is the use of the beach club and their ammenities. Great place for the family as well. You can partake in this tour while watching your kids on the beach if you so chose. Even if you just want to go to MR SANCHOS beach club its FREE unlike playa del miya and other beach clubs in the area. hope this helps a little.

The glass bottom boat idea sounds fun... Not sure if my two little ones will be willing to snorkel, but I might be able to talk one of our family members to come with us to help with the little ones... I don't think my dad is interested in doing anything major so he might be up to hanging out with us while my step mom shops =p

I am also interested in how much you paid for the boat ride.

Liquor and kids don't mix... And I have to be very careful as to how much alcohol I consume since I am on medication for Fibromyalgia (Savella and muscle relaxers) which don't mix well with those kind of beverages. Plus I really don't want to leave my kiddos on board. It's their vacation too (we have never vacationed with all 3 of our kids and it's been since my last cruise that we had a vacation at all).

I think we may go to a beach in Roatan so I really don't want to just go spend the day at the beach, but thanks for the info about paradise beach, we may end up going there if we can't find anything the kids want to do.

Archived