A few questions about the Dream

1. Does the Dream have fridges in the rooms? We are on the Main deck oceanview.

Yes, there are fridges in all cabins, but they are not very big, a plate won't fit in there. We always bring some baggies to put stuff in.

2. Can anyone tell me about the ports for St. Thomas and St. Maartan? Are these tender ports or not?

Neither of those ports are tender ports. St. Thomas has a large shopping center called Havensite right next to the pier, or you can catch the Safari bus over to the other side of the bay.

St. Maartan also has a large shopping area right at the pier. It is 1/2 French and 1/2 Dutch and I believe you will dock on the Dutch side.

Thanks for the info.

I'm sure others will have more information, I haven't been to St. Maartin for a long time so I don't really have a lot of information.

2. Can anyone tell me about the ports for St. Thomas and St. Maartan? Are these tender ports or not?

Thanks for the info.

Well, I think calling them fridges is generous. If soda is already cold, it will keep it cold, but if you put a warm can in, you'll be lucky if it's chilled by the end of a 7 day cruise.

Carnival doesn't even refer to them as refrigerators...they call it the "mini-bar".

The refrigerators worked fine for milk we got in the morning so I would have some that evening to take meds, but the milk was already cold when we got it up on the Lido deck. Our cabin steward told us we could unload it and just stash the stuff in the cabinet, and the last night we put it back in. We left the beer in it so it wouldn't get "skunky" for the next occupants.

Thanks for the info.

Okay girl gave you most of the info correctly. You can catch a cab at the port in ST Thomas but will have to walk thru the shops to the far side to catch it. Enough people will point the direction however they wait until they have enough passengers before they go. Will take you down town to shop $6.00 trip and when you are ready to go back plenty of taxis downtown to take you back and we usually shop at the port and grab a drink before heading back on the ship. You will see paradise point which is a tram right across from the pier that takes you up and you can see a beautiful view of the ship and bay. It is $18.00 per person no saving if you book with the ship. We like to take a taxi to "Gray House" it is up in the mountains and you get beautiful sites and pictures of the island. The fresh Banana alcoholic or nonalcoholic drinks are pretty good as well and then have the taxi drop us off down town for shopping and lunch. St Marrten is our favorite island and we usually rent a jeep and head over to the french capital Margot and orient beach, if this is your first time and this is something you are interested in then I recommend the Carnival Jeep excursion. There is shopping at the pier but across the bay is Phillipsburg the Dutch capital and and there is a ton of shopping and restrauants. You can take the ferry for a few bucks at the pier across the bay, taxi at the pier or walk. The ferry is very easy.

Archived