Newbie question regarding decks

AuntLucky

Hi! I am planning on taking my 17 year old son on an RCI Caribbean cruise in December. We are looking at several ships and itineraries at the moment. Since we've never sailed on RCI, can you experienced cruisers tell me if there are outside decks that 1) you can stroll around the ship or sit on a deck chair and watch the ocean? 2) are there any outside dining venues?

Our only cruising experience was on the Disney Magic and I personally loved being able to sit in a deck chair and watch the ocean. Also, I loved pre dawn strolls on deck.

From some of the deck plans I've looked at, I haven't been able to tell if there are outside decks. Thanks in advance!

Depends on the ship, but yes.

There is the promenade deck where you can walk all the way around the ship on the outside. There are often deck chairs.

Then at the very top, around the pool level or higher, there are areas to walk around and lots of deck chairs.

There are ships that have some outside dining.

Go to this site:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/home.do;jsessionid=0000lQyWTcRFQopTdkQFDU0gfdT:12hdhu87a?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=2&snav=4

Click on the ship name and click VIRTUAL TOURS. You'll be able to see a side view of the ship and there are clickable links that take you to the various areas on the ship including dining.

Enjoy!

Welcome to CC and yes the Promenade Deck is an open Deck for strolling or you have your upper Pool Deck also with lounges. The WJ or Windjammer has an outside area for eating or the Sea View Cafe on your Radiance Class ( Brilliance, Serenade, Jewl, & Radiance of the sea) Although I understand they will be eliminating the Sea View on the Radiance. That is one of our favorites but isn't open all the time so have to check your compass. I am sure others will pop in and report on the larger class ships.

Archived