Costa Maya, Roatan, Cozumel wifi available at port ?

rckymtair

We are going on the Epic and wondering if anyone knows if their is wifi (highest speed internet) available at the ports of Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel where a person can bring a laptop and get high speed internet prefferable close to the port, possible at the shops that are next to the cruise ship ? Also how hard is it to get on/off the ship ?

Not sure about Wifi, but there is Internet Cafe in Cozumel a couple blocks from ship. That's the one we always go to, they may have wifi now, it's been a few years since we been there, it's also reasonable priced as well. We've never brought a lab top on a ship w/ us... not sure I would feel safe doing that...

In Cozumel there is a Starbucks, in Costa Maya there was a Senior Frogs about 2 blocks away and in Roatan I had to walk quite a distance to an open air restaurant and have a diet coke and use the free wifi. In Starbucks if you don't even want to buy a coffee you can ask someone what is the password.

My droid worked but I leave it in airport mode and turn on the wifi so that it did not incur any charges from T-Mobile.

Just got off the Epic yesterday. There is a Starbucks right behind the pier in Cozumel. It sure beats the $26.25 per hour you would have to pay on board the ship.

Which pier does Epic dock at in Cozumel? What about Roatan? I think I read in Roatan there is a chairlift to the beach is that right?

Thanks!

In Cozumel there is a Starbucks, in Costa Maya there was a Senior Frogs about 2 blocks away and in Roatan I had to walk quite a distance to an open air restaurant and have a diet coke and use the free wifi. In Starbucks if you don't even want to buy a coffee you can ask someone what is the password.

Thanks for the great tips!

We are going on the Epic and wondering if anyone knows if their is wifi (highest speed internet) available at the ports of Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel where a person can bring a laptop and get high speed internet prefferable close to the port, possible at the shops that are next to the cruise ship ? Also how hard is it to get on/off the ship ?

I was told Senor Frogs in Cozumel (and Costa Maya?) and Hard Rock Cafe in Cozumel both have free wifi...and they on both on the main road from the port. I know McDonalds usually has free wifi in both the U.S. and Europe...not sure about other countries. Does anyone know?:)

Fast Ed, (Great handle, btw),

Hope you had a great time.

Important ?? Which pier does Epic dock at in Cozumel and Roatan?

AND

Any chance you scanning the Dailies and making them available? Please, Pretty please with sugar on top?:rolleyes:

Thanks for the help.

Archived