Orozco's Restautant in Condado

martyap

Has anyone had dinner in Orazco's on Ashford, not far from the Marriott?

Looking for good local cuisine and a restaurant that can accommodate a pre-cruise dinner for about 12 CC members....Also, Ropa Vieja Grill? might be a little more $$ than Orozco's.........or any other suggestions....Thanks

Has anyone had dinner in Orazco's on Ashford, not far from the Marriott?

Looking for good local cuisine and a restaurant that can accommodate a pre-cruise dinner for about 12 CC members....Also, Ropa Vieja Grill? might be a little more $$ than Orozco's.........or any other suggestions....Thanks

DH and I did lots of research before we went to Puerto Rico 2 years ago. Read a lot about Cafe Del Angel near the Marriott Stellaris. Ate there our first night. Food was good...mojitos were great.

Stumbled across Orozco's our second night in Condado. Greeter outside had a great personality and we decided to give it a shot. Both had a dinner special and the food was great. Went back for breakfast the next day before embarkation. Prices were good. I might call ahead to see if they can accomodate your party size. We will definately be eating there again next week before our next cruise on AOS.

Hope that this helps - Kristi

DH and I did lots of research before we went to Puerto Rico 2 years ago. Read a lot about Cafe Del Angel near the Marriott Stellaris. Ate there our first night. Food was good...mojitos were great.

Stumbled across Orozco's our second night in Condado. Greeter outside had a great personality and we decided to give it a shot. Both had a dinner special and the food was great. Went back for breakfast the next day before embarkation. Prices were good. I might call ahead to see if they can accomodate your party size. We will definately be eating there again next week before our next cruise on AOS.

Hope that this helps - Kristi

If you remember can you update after your visit next week.

Thanks....Marty

If u r looking for good and cheap food, go to Bebo's Cafe in Calle Loiza, not far from Marriott Hotel (5 mins. taxi) The prices starting in $6, look the last page in the menu, "daily specials". The food portions and taste is very good. Try the "mariquitas" is an appetizer, very thin sliced fry green plantain with a special salsa named "mayoketchup" is a blend of mayonesa, ketchup and garlic, great with a couples of beers.

They had a big salon, with plenty of tables.

Marty-

I will definately update when we get back. DH and I are thinking of trying Ropa Vieja also. It has gotten great reviews and within walking distance of the Marriott. Will this be your first time in San Juan?

-Kristi

My email is markar23@optonline.net if that's easier when you return. Have a great trip. Considering the winter we have had, enjoy every minute:cool:

We had dinner at Cafe Del Angel and breakfast & lunch at Orozco's last week. I don't think Orozco's would have room for a party of 12. Cafe Del Angel would be a better bet it is only about a block further and they are both owned by the same folks or so they told us. Danny's may be another choice it is the opposite direction and could probably do 12 if you do a search or google they have a web site.

Hi Marty -

Our trip was wonderful and the weather was great. We ate dinner at Orozco's twice, breakfast there once, dinner at Ropa Vieja and lunch at Danny's. Food at all of these was great! I think for a party your size, Ropa Vieja would be a better fit. A little more upscale then Orozco's. Danny's has more americanized food but it was good. DH had the Danny's burger and I had the chicken cheesesteak.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Kristi

Archived