Disembarking on Freedom

How does Disembarking work? I see we are in port at 6:00 am. Will we be assigned a specific time to leave, or just go on our own? What is the latest time you can leave?

Also.....When you are in ports of call (Jamaica, Caymans & Cozumel) how 'early' do you need to be back on board? If the itenerary says 10:00 - 7:00 for example?

It's an easy process really. Express is what we use on Freedom. We carry on our bags off. Otherwise you select specific windows of times while you are on the cruise (you pick up tags) and the put your luggage outside your doors, using these coded tags. Your luggage will be waiting for you when you get off the ship. Express allows you to get off fast and among the first but frankly we had breakfast and didn't leave the ship last summer until 8:30 as I recall. Have a good trip.

Your room steward will leave you tags for your luggage. Each group is called/announced when to leave. You can leave at the time of the announcement, or after. You can not leave before. If you really need to get off the ship early, than you can ask for a new time. If you want to have to carry you bags, up and down steps, among everyone else, you can get off first. I would never do it, but it works for some people.

I always have my car parked at the pier, and will enjoy one final breakfast and wait until the crowds get off. I never have to rush.

I think they hope to have all passengers off by 0930. You need to be out of your room before then, so they can start to turn it over.

When you are in port and the departure time for sailing is 5pm you need to aim to be back on board at LEAST 30 minutes before. They do not wait for late passengers...

You do have to be out of the cabin around 8. Overhead announcements start around 7. It is one of the few mornings we go to the MDR for breakfast. A little less hectic. We than waited at the Schooner bar for our color to be called. Also less crowded with an outdoor to use. Very easy process.

We just did a Holland cruise in Dec. and did an excursion with Freedom OTS people. (I am sailing FOS in March) They had to be back on the ship in Gr. Cayman at 3:15. We were right behind them at 3:30pm. We were off the ship at 8:30 (Cayman) Not sure if that helps you plan. Usually bank on 30 min. to an hour before you are scheduled to sail. I always do an hour before.

Archived