Mr Sanchos

lucygoosey

Does anyone have pics of the all inclusive area at Mr. Sanchos? Are all the chairs the plastic kind with arms??? My husband is a larger man, and after about 10 mins in those $4.99 plastic chairs, he becomes very uncomfortable. This option sound wonderful, but, not if that is the type of chairs available??

I don't remember if there were any other chairs or not but I don't think so. You also get lounge chairs though. We were comfortable (especially after a few drinks) & had a great day.

Chips & salsa & guacamole

ElationCruise215.jpg?t=1296059900

How long is the cab ride from the cruise port to Mr. Sanchos and the cost? My Dh and I arent big beach bums and will probably do some walking around in the shopping area before hitting the beach.

Cannot wait..2 more days! :)

The cab fare is $15 or $16 for up to four people & Mr. Sanchos is about 10 minutes away from the pier.

Have fun!

They emailed me and said that the prices are as follows (for all inclusive):

Adults $50

Teenagers $35

Child $20

Although he did not break down the ages for child and teenager, I am going to assume that 12 year olds would be $20. Well worth the price for 12 year old boys!!

Yes my one son that is 12 cost $20 they dont serve fountain soda and really cater to the children..

What beverages do they serve for the kids? Can they still order anything off the menu or are they stuck with the "gringos" items?

Thanks for the info.

What beverages do they serve for the kids? Can they still order anything off the menu or are they stuck with the "gringos" items?

Thanks for the info.

They serve soda (Coke products) by the can, or water by bottle. Children can order any items, just be aware the portions are large so plan on helping the younger ones out..

They serve soda (Coke products) by the can, or water by bottle. Children can order any items, just be aware the portions are large so plan on helping the younger ones out..

Thanks so much Farmercity!! Can't wait to go!

:D

The cabana lokks like a great idea...will they bring you a lounge chair if you want to lay in the sun? Did they do the message in your cabana or is there another area?

They brought the table/chairs to the cabana. I did not want them to bring the loungers to the cabana. (I like being in the sun.) So, we took towels and put them on two loungers near the cabana. You will have two guaranteed loungers. You just have to pick them out.

The massage is in the massage hut.

The cabana lokks like a great idea...will they bring you a lounge chair if you want to lay in the sun? Did they do the message in your cabana or is there another area?

They will and can bring them to your cabana, or as the other person said they have them on the beach a few steps away. If weather was better and our children werent with us I would have really enjoyed one.

Karen, I am the biggest scaredy-cat chicken in the world (female, age 60) and I would have no problems taking a cab in Coz with another female adult -- might even go by myself if it were necessary. I have never felt unsafe in Coz - been there many times.

DH, DD (age 30) and I went to Mr. Sancho's last Nov. and it was great. After we finished shopping downtown we asked a taxi driver about a beach club and he just happened to have laminated photos of Mr. Sancho's :D. We didn't do the all-inclusive pkg because we stayed only 2 hours or so at the beach. We had chips, salsa, beer and Cokes, all very reasonable and the service was very good.

I hope you both have a wonderful time.

Helen

Helen...

We had a wonderful time and Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe thru Carnival was fine for us. Friend felt safe and comfortable. Food was very good...crowd was a crowd...beach WAS rocky for the 1st 20 ft or so...snorkeling was excellent...drinks were drinks. :)

HOWEVER...when I got home my hubby decided "just the 2 of us" should do the Elation again 3/31 for our birthdays and he wants to "sit on that guy's beach and drink and eat all day". He'd heard me talking about Mr. Sanchez and that's where he wants to go. Soooo...I will finally get to experience it.

I'm assuming I catch a taxi at the same spot the buses waited on us but can figure that out easy enough when we get there. I'm just jazzed I'm getting a 3rd cruise for this year. That is totally unheard of till now! :)

Thanks again all for the Mr. Sanchez reviews and comments!

Karen & Robert

We booked with CWS 2 years ago for Mr Sanchos and it was great. This time we booked the Ocean Beach with them, just to make a change, although they still do offer Sanchos. I will leave a review about this beach, seems to be new and different.

I'm considering Mr. Sanchos with my mom when we cruise on Navigator end of April. We only have that one port, so since we have 2 sea days, I'd like to do something when we port into Cozumel.

However, my mom is simply not a drinker and frankly, is no real fan of Mexican food. I, however, love both. So I'm trying to find someplace that will meet both our needs. Since Mr. Sanchos has the pay as you go option I think that might work for us.

However, here is my dilemma. I cannot sit long periods in the sun, and my mom will always be in the shade. I'm concerned about having someplace to lounge and be comfortable with shade if we don't purchase the all inclusive plan.

Can anyone give me some advice?

• 2 weeks later...

Umbrellas - Mr. Sanchos has umbrellas you can rent for $10. They aren't big but they will cover the heads of two people on lounge chairs. If that's not enough, you can go sit at a table in the shade. Or, rent 2 umbrellas for $20 and that will cover all of you.

Drinks - beers are $4-5 and mixed drinks are about $7. I guess Mexico doesn't have cheap drinks anymore.

I will warn you that our waiter tried to rip me off. I bought a beer for $4 and gave him a $20 and he tried to act like it was a $10. When I called him out on it, he immediately gave me my $16 change instead of the $6. Just be wary.

Food - I got guacamole for $6, chips and salsa were $4, nachos were like $8. Fajitas probably were about $10. Everything was good. Service wasn't bad.

No snorkeling though. And make sure to sit away from the inflatable water toys because they can ruin the beach experience.

We had 6 people in the cab and it was $4 per person to go out there and $5 per person to get back. But it varies depending on how you barter. And the trip took about maybe 15 minutes to get there and same to get back.

Can someone tell me how easy it is to get in & out of the pools at mr sanchos? I didn't see any type of hand rail in the one picture posted here...my friend has mobilty issues due to knee replacement & I'm trying to find a place for us that will be easy for her to get in & out of the pool...

Can someone tell me how easy it is to get in & out of the pools at mr sanchos? I didn't see any type of hand rail in the one picture posted here...my friend has mobilty issues due to knee replacement & I'm trying to find a place for us that will be easy for her to get in & out of the pool...

You have asked this over and over and I feel compelled to answer you even tho I have no idea...someone who has been recently please let this nice person know about the pool!!!

I will be there on April 2 and if no one has replied by then, & it's not too late; I'll be glad to let you know. :)

I would go to the website and send them an email asking. They reply very quick. Also, I think there might be a picture of the pool on there.

I know there is someone here on CC who can/will help you...they just need to read your question. Rarely does anyone post any question; regardless how random (your's isn't random)...that they don't get a bunch of replies from helpful folks here on CC!!

Good luck...and I'll let you know the 1st week of April when we get home!

Karen

Archived