Mr Sanchos

lucygoosey

What are the best alcoholic drinks and best food to be had at Mr Sanchos? throw me your recommedations. :D What are the "must-haves?" We will be there May 16. can NOT wait!!

I liked the Ticket to Fly drink, but the Dirty Monkey was pretty good. I requested a hurricane and got some strange mix of drinks that was gross.

We are thinking of trying Mr. Sancho's but can't decide if we shoudl do the AI or pay as you go option. We are a family of 4 that includes 2 kdis agest 6 & 4. We are not heavy drinkers but do enjoy having a few (mostly beer and some Margaritas). I like that the AI side as the new pool for the kids but am not sure that should sway us. Does anyone have pics of the older pool?

Overall, is the AI option at Mr. Sancho's worth the extra $? Does the AI side include better loungers and umbrellas?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Payment question...Just booked Mr Sancho's AI and put my $10 downpayment for 2. Do I pay the rest when I get there and do I just bring my email confirmation for proof of purchase? Thanks

Yes, just bring the E-mail confirmation. They will be looking for the balance due. Very easy and quick to check in and get the wristbands with the confirmation. We were there in May and have reservations again for August.

Yes, just bring the E-mail confirmation. They will be looking for the balance due. Very easy and quick to check in and get the wristbands with the confirmation. We were there in May and have reservations again for August.

Thanks Deb

Their website showed 59 different Tequilas, but I couldn't count more than two at the bar, and they certainly didn't have any top shelf liquor of any kind. We went to Mr Sanchos speciffically to try some of the tequilas that they had listed on thier website and were disapointed that they didn't have any of them.

Our first trip to Mr. Sanchos was to do the tequila tour and they definitely had more than just two! They had an entire table set up with what must have been more than a dozen different types. We got to sample 7 of them plus a couple of dessert tequilas. Perhaps they don't keep them in plain sight? But they did have a large variety!

Thanks for ll the info. I am leaning towards this over Paradise on our trip on Oct. I think we will do the all inclusive. I just dont know if the kids will get the use of the AI they are 11-12-16x 2. I also need to see what price range they fall into

Thanks for ll the info. I am leaning towards this over Paradise on our trip on Oct. I think we will do the all inclusive. I just dont know if the kids will get the use of the AI they are 11-12-16x 2. I also need to see what price range they fall into

Mr. Sanchos has a child's price of $20.00 per child and a teen price of $30.00. If you want to sit together you will all have to do either AI or a la carte as the areas are separated.

If we do the AI, do we have to put down a deposit a head of time, or can we pay when we get there? There will be 9 or 11 in our group. We just won't know for sure how many will be coming until we get to port.

Thank you!

If we do the AI, do we have to put down a deposit a head of time, or can we pay when we get there? There will be 9 or 11 in our group. We just won't know for sure how many will be coming until we get to port.

Thank you!

If you prebook online they 1: give you a $5 discount each & 2: Charge a small deposit to your Paypal account. Email and ask them what they suggest about changing numbers. They are prompt to reply.

We had to cancel our cruise & Mr. Sanchos the day before our cruise due to a death in the family. I emailed Mr Sanchos and they promptly credited my Paypal account and sent an email with condolences. No hassles. I had really expected them to keep the deposit but nope.

When we did our 'do over' cruise in May we rebooked with Mr Sanchos and loved our time there. We did AI and definitely got our money's worth! Crowd was very small that day. Food was fresh & delicious and drinks were plentiful. Snorkeling was "so so"; not sure I saw much of anything...but it does get deep out by the barriers and I love deep water! No complaints.

Only small temporary glitch was that I accidentally printed out the canceled confirmation email instead of the current one and they didn't have us on the calendar. We paid the full price until the manager could do some online research. Within 30 mins they had brought us the $$ we'd overpaid. ($deposit plus difference in cost). I usually do better than that; but they were happy to check and then take care of it for us.

Honest folks, in my opinion.

With children the only "warning" I might give would be to be careful around the swim up bar in the afternoon. Bartenders are wanting to work up tips (I guess) and the tequila shots/body shots start flowing.

We have 6 ships in port when we go back in January; so we're thinking we might book Nachi Cocum due to crowds. Sounds like you are bringing your own crowd; so you should be fine!!

Have fun! It's a wonderful day on the beach.

($15 cab ride each way)

Kalene, thank you for all the great info. There are only 2 ships in port when we'll be there in Feb. so I'm really leaning on Mr. Sanchos and the AI. After reading this review, I think I'll be booking this weekend.

I think you'll love it. They are on FB and lots of comments and pictures there, too.

If I were a few years younger, I might have enjoyed the body shots on the bar...but at this point in life, pass. ;)

btw...there were hanging "beds" & loungers. We grabbed loungers not knowing we could have pulled the table/chairs/loungers up to the "bed" & had a very nice "nest" for the day. Grab it all! :)

Here is the link I used to book & get info:

http://www.beachtours.com.mx/Btm/cozumel.html

Enjoy! I have just about talked myself into going back in Jan regardless of how many ships are in port!!!!

I think you'll love it. They are on FB and lots of comments and pictures there, too.

If I were a few years younger, I might have enjoyed the body shots on the bar...but at this point in life, pass. ;)

btw...there were hanging "beds" & loungers. We grabbed loungers not knowing we could have pulled the table/chairs/loungers up to the "bed" & had a very nice "nest" for the day. Grab it all! :)

Enjoy! I have just about talked myself into going back in Jan regardless of how many ships are in port!!!!

The beds are for the romantic day at Mr. Sanchos. They include a private waiter and couples massage - $90.00 per person if booked through Beach Tours.

The beds are for the romantic day at Mr. Sanchos. They include a private waiter and couples massage - $90.00 per person if booked through Beach Tours.

Maybe it was because it was a slow day; but other couples came up, got the cabana and the waiter pulled the rest up for them. I wondered if they were local or just knew what they were doing! I never did see any massages or particularly special attention.

I think they offered them to us when they took us to the beach; but we thought it was either/or and chose the beach chairs. I never did get on one. I guess it is a good thing. I would have been embarrassed had I planted myself on 1 and they boot me out! :eek:

Thanks for the clarification. I hate misleading someone.

Karen

I think I'm going to love it too. All I'm looking for is an AI place with a swim-up bar. I don't know why they don't have the updated pictures on the website but I love the pics from FB. And I already have the beach tours website bookmarked :D

If you prebook online they 1: give you a $5 discount each & 2: Charge a small deposit to your Paypal account. Email and ask them what they suggest about changing numbers. They are prompt to reply.

We had to cancel our cruise & Mr. Sanchos the day before our cruise due to a death in the family. I emailed Mr Sanchos and they promptly credited my Paypal account and sent an email with condolences. No hassles. I had really expected them to keep the deposit but nope.

When we did our 'do over' cruise in May we rebooked with Mr Sanchos and loved our time there. We did AI and definitely got our money's worth! Crowd was very small that day. Food was fresh & delicious and drinks were plentiful. Snorkeling was "so so"; not sure I saw much of anything...but it does get deep out by the barriers and I love deep water! No complaints.

Only small temporary glitch was that I accidentally printed out the canceled confirmation email instead of the current one and they didn't have us on the calendar. We paid the full price until the manager could do some online research. Within 30 mins they had brought us the $$ we'd overpaid. ($deposit plus difference in cost). I usually do better than that; but they were happy to check and then take care of it for us.

Honest folks, in my opinion.

With children the only "warning" I might give would be to be careful around the swim up bar in the afternoon. Bartenders are wanting to work up tips (I guess) and the tequila shots/body shots start flowing.

We have 6 ships in port when we go back in January; so we're thinking we might book Nachi Cocum due to crowds. Sounds like you are bringing your own crowd; so you should be fine!!

Have fun! It's a wonderful day on the beach.

($15 cab ride each way)

Thank you so much for this info. You have been so helpful! I think I will email them and looking into booking early. Our ship will be the only one in port at the time, so I don't imagine it would be that crowded.

Kay

My DH is wondering if Mr. Sanchos has any other liquor at the bar besides tequila? :confused: Can anyone please answer this for us?

Thanks so much!

We were there in May and I believe they had anything you wanted. Their frozen drinks had rum, Kahlua, etc...so they had other alcohols. Bar looked complete to me. Hubby drank beer all day. I tried the drinks and they were good!:o

If you email them they will answer any question. They also answer questions on FaceBook if you are on there.

We were there in May and I believe they had anything you wanted. Their frozen drinks had rum, Kahlua, etc...so they had other alcohols. Bar looked complete to me. Hubby drank beer all day. I tried the drinks and they were good!:o

If you email them they will answer any question. They also answer questions on FaceBook if you are on there.

Perfect! That is exactly what we needed to know! Thanks. I will also go and look them up on Facebook. Thanks again! :D

• 2 months later...
Our first trip to Mr. Sanchos was to do the tequila tour and they definitely had more than just two! They had an entire table set up with what must have been more than a dozen different types. We got to sample 7 of them plus a couple of dessert tequilas. Perhaps they don't keep them in plain sight? But they did have a large variety!

Is the tequila tour a side tour during a Mr. Sancho booking? I'd hate to lose a prime beach spot to taste some tequila so maybe hubby could go by himself?

Has anyone had the lobster? I was told we can pay $10 extra and have it added to the AI package. if so was it good, how many did they give you?

Also I would like to pay for everything before I go.. Is there anyway to do that. I have booked and put the deposit down but I would really like to pay the whole thing. that way I will have to only carry tip money.

Archived