Mr Sanchos

lucygoosey

DH and I are thinking about Mr. Sancho's for January but we're really looking for a place that has snorkeling off the beach. Can anyone verify what the snorkeling situation is at Mr. Sancho's? I've been having a tough time finding a straight answer on this one.

Postings from a few years ago said there was snorkeling off the beach, but most recent comments have not really mentioned it. A reviewer last month on the Carnival boards mentioned that they snorkeled off the beach but didn't say whether it was good or not. Since they do offer snorkel equipment, so I'm curious about how it works. Do they take you somewhere else to snorkel? Does that cost extra?

DH and I are thinking about Mr. Sancho's for January but we're really looking for a place that has snorkeling off the beach. Can anyone verify what the snorkeling situation is at Mr. Sancho's? I've been having a tough time finding a straight answer on this one.

Postings from a few years ago said there was snorkeling off the beach, but most recent comments have not really mentioned it. A reviewer last month on the Carnival boards mentioned that they snorkeled off the beach but didn't say whether it was good or not. Since they do offer snorkel equipment, so I'm curious about how it works. Do they take you somewhere else to snorkel? Does that cost extra?

Go to cozumel insider dot com. Click on "activities" at the top; then click "beach guide." Scroll down and you'll see a chart that may help you find what you're looking for. According to this chart it doesn't look like the snorkeling is as good as other places. My wife and I went to mr sanchos, but did no snorkeling so I can't comment on it

Go to cozumel insider dot com. Click on "activities" at the top; then click "beach guide." Scroll down and you'll see a chart that may help you find what you're looking for. According to this chart it doesn't look like the snorkeling is as good as other places. My wife and I went to mr sanchos, but did no snorkeling so I can't comment on it

Thanks, legolas! That website is helpful. We were trying to decide between Mr. Sancho's and the Money Bar. Looks like we're going to the Money Bar!

We were there about a month ago, and you can snorkel right off the beach, however, the day we were there the water was really dirty and choppy because of all the Tropical Storms going on, so we couldn't snorkel. That being said, I would highly recommending booking the 2 hour snorkel trip away from the beach for $35/pp so that you are guanteed a snorkel trip. I would also recommend signing up for the snorkel trip as soon as you get there, my family decided to wait until the last minute and there wasn't enough time so we missed out all together.

You will have a great time at Mr. Sancho's, it was so beautiful there!

Archived