Flight Times The Day We Come Back - New Orleans Conquest

Wondering if anyone can assist - wondering what time would be reasonable to book upon coming back into New Orleans on the Conquest in April.

What times have others had, and how soon did you get off the ship / make it to the airport?

The day we come back (MAY 1) there are only early am flights which i know are out, but there is a few flights that range between 10a-11:30a otherwise we have to wait until after 5pm and the price goes WAY UP too!

thanks all!

You will get a few different opinions on this one because there are some risks involved with booking an earlier flight. The ship could get delayed coming into port, there could be a problem with customs, etc., but when I sailed on the Conquest in September, I had a 11:30am flight and was fine.

On the day before we were to arrive in port, I went to the purser's desk with my flight information and was given VIP debarking passes so I could get off the ship in the first group. We grabbed our luggage, hailed a cab, and made it to the airport by 9:15ish.

I'm not saying everyone has the same luck as I did, but on an average day, I don't think it is that difficult to make an 11:00am flight. It's really up to you and how comfortable you are with the risk of possibly missing your flight.

Good Luck and Happy Cruisin!

You should be able to make a later morning flight, but DON'T wait for you deck to be called for debarkation. Do talk to the purser and get in one of the first groups off.

10:00am would be tight.

May 1 is the last day of Jazzfest, so that is why later flights are more expensive and the airport will be busier than usual (but not as busy as it could be).

If you do somehow miss the flight, park your luggage and enjoy Jazzfest!

http://www.nojazzfest.com/

In all of Carnival's brochures, they suggest booking NO outbound flights earlier than 1pm. That's just to be on the safe side....but you never know what delays might take place on the ship.

We got off the Sensation in NOLA at 10:30 in October... then we had to deal with the NIGHTMARE of finding a taxi... I definitely would not book a flight before noon in NOLA... but that is just me...

Archived