Pets at Sea

cctimmom

Does anyone know how much a Pet at Sea costs, and approximately how much the outfits cost?

I just saw that you can have a certificate/card gifted to the cabin for $29.95 (pet + one outfit)... I was wondering if I should surprise my son with that so he can take it and redeem it himself... or if I should just wait and buy it onboard for him.

Also... wondering if anyone has any pictures they might like to share that I could show him of Pets that have been adopted during your vacations. I want to get him excited about the selections, as we are going to write a story about my son's two traveling bears and their new friend (the Pet at Sea) that they will meet on board...

Depending on the outfits and accessories they're roughly about $15. The prices are similar enough to Build a Bear, but the actual store is about a thrid the size. Go early, within the first few days, because if you wait some of the good animals and outfits are gone.

good advice to go early... we probably were anyway, just in terms of writing the story book (it's going to be a Shutterfly photo book of our vacation, but geared more towards a story for my son), but I didn't even think that inventory would deplete as the week went on. Thanks!

Your welcome. For us, because we went in the summer, there were a ton of kids there. We went early to get the stuffed animal, but when we went back later in the week to get another outfit, we were very limited. I guess it all depends on when you go. If it's during the time when school is out, I would definitely plan on going early.

I paid the same price as you found for purchaseing early... $29.95 for an animal and an outfit. I would assume that some of the items they have are different prices and would make your total go up or down. I thought the price was very reasonable and like mibarron said similar to Build a Bear. Definitely go early! The cruise I was just on was when school was in session and they still ran out. Check for the first time that they are open (very limited and only for a couple of hours a time) and try to go then. Enjoy! It really is worth it!

On Majesty last April it wasn't even a store--just a kiosk type thing that was open certain hours each day. Our DD did a really cute dolphin (we had done a dolphin encounter at Atlantis) and did not get an outfit (kinda took away from the dolphin we thought). There was a line each time we saw it open but I don't know if they ran out of certain animals (we were only a 4 nighter).

Archived