Complimentary Wash and Fold Service

rdrseller

We always use it at least once....on 7 day cruises, we use it twice...

but you can use it as many times as you would like.

I send everything except "special delicates" and they have always done a good job.

Just got of Carnival Freedom. Used laundry service twice on a B2B. Everything came back in great condition Ironing service is only 1/5 the cost of laundry, ask steward if you need iron only. After packing, i use iron only once i get there, Service is the best if yu ask me One of my laundry bills for 8 days, was 3. 84. cant beat that,

I used the laundry wash and fold service 5 or 6 times on our 14 day cruise. It was great. If your clothes are handed in before 9 or 10 AM they are returned that evening. I also found a gratuity to the Room Steward certainly improved his attitude when he saw me coming with my laundry bag in hand.

It is a great perk. Enjoy it!

And the condition of your clothing?

I've used the service on every cruise.....clothes come back just fine. Laudered, nicely folded. Nothing ever damaged.

Why would you think differently? They do lots of laundry for others onboard...and charge for it.

Same laundry, same system....

The most I've ever used it in one week is twice.

Thanks for the great response. I have a business meeting starting the day we arrive back in port and I was worried I would have to pack to full bags. I think I will be fine with one and washing once or maybe twice!

Again, thanks for the great response!:)

:D If I can use it every day, I will. I won't take any dirty clothes home. If I can only use once...I will wait till next to last day and maximize the benefit.

Thanks for all the comments.

The most I've ever used it was twice.

I suppose you could do it every day but I don't find a need for that.

Not real good. Picture (while you're picturing) your clothes all on one mesh bag in a large washer with a bunch of other mesh bags. Then dried until crispy well done and thrown in a bin to get REALLY wrinkled and then somewhat folded, wrinkles and all.

I'd never send my clothes but have sent some denim and my dh's underwear and swim trunks. Also, beware of fading clothing. Not yours necessarily, but others that they put them in with. Whites don't come back real white sometimes.

For all the years I have been Platinum...and in all those years, using the laundry perk, I've never had anything come back faded, overdried, really wrinkled or had any trouble. All come back fresh, nicely folded...not like I might do but just fine and fully wearable.

They wash in hot water. I have only put in clothes that have been washed many times at home so there is little chance of shrinkage. I usually put in socks, underwear and shirts. Nothing delicate.

My mom said a shirt had shrunk but my clothes (in the same bag) came back fine. Also, our clothes didn't come back wrinkled. It depends on who has folding duty.

Make sure you put "Platinum" on the bag and on the laundry form. If you give the bag to your room steward in the morning, you should get it back by dinnertime.

For a 7+ day cruise, we will use the service once or twice.

You don't use the laundry form. Usually special bags are provided in your closet or drawer. It has a place for your name and cabin number...leave it on your bed and the Steward will mark it Platinum for you.

I've never had a problem at all, all come back nicely laundered and folded.

We have also had them drop off other people's laundry with ours. Had our name and cabin number, just not our stuff. We gave those bags back to the cabin steward - not sure how long it took to find the rightful owner. I'm thinking they may have sat somewhere until someone said - Hey! Where's my Laundry. :o

I used the service once. Never again....

My Polo's came back so wrinkled.....they are not the same.

They ruined one nylon shirt. it used to be white, I now use it for painting....

I LOVE everything about Carnival, except their laundry service.:mad:

Hmmm, I've been Platinum for years...and laundry is a favorite perk.

Never had anything come back ruined, faded. Always fresh and nicely folded..

We have also had them drop off other people's laundry with ours. Had our name and cabin number, just not our stuff. We gave those bags back to the cabin steward - not sure how long it took to find the rightful owner. I'm thinking they may have sat somewhere until someone said - Hey! Where's my Laundry. :o

I take a picture of everything I give them to be laundered just in case my clothes don't come back. Mom thought it was funny the 1st time I did this, but she thought it was a good idea after I explained to her that they could misplace/lose the clothes.

We just came back from our first Platinum cruise. We had clothes from our drive down that we needed on the cruise and for the drive back home. We sent one or two bags every day. The first time, I did not fill out the form and the steward told me that I needed to. They also need your folio number for some reason. The only problem I had was some new bandanas that we had for a 4 wheeler excursion to keep mud and dust off our faces. They turned some pink undies purple. Sometimes things wouldn't be completely dry and I would leave them out overnight to dry. This was on the Conquest.

Sewut

I've used the complimentary Wash & Wad service on multiple sailings, and nothing has been ruined - ever.

As Bill mentioned earlier, I've had a few things that have been stapled in the return bag, but nothing that left any permanent mark.

I do fill out the laundry form each and every time, just as a way to do checks and balances with the contents.

Archived