Carnival Paradise Questions

nevadabadgirl

I have read about that. I think that as long as we don't get seasick (my son, I know I won't...salmon charters as a kid and whale watching several times as an adult would probably have accomplished it...LOL), and the activities onboard appeal to him (I can do a good book and a window to look out anywhere), then he will enjoy the Hawaii cruise too. I know the demographic is older, but he likes older people (grandparent type)...he might actually enjoy it more than the party ship! I am keeping all that in mind though.

We are also considering a Panama Canal cruise or a back to back Eastern/Western Caribbean for that time. Of course if all that fails, I can always go back to the All Inclusives. I am really just looking for something new and different for us :)

There isn't one for my sailing yet. I am hoping we are the only ones on the ship! Just kidding. You sail on the original sailing I was going to book, but somehow we ended up deciding to go in May...

Have a great trip and let me know how it was!

There isn't one for my sailing yet. I am hoping we are the only ones on the ship! Just kidding. You sail on the original sailing I was going to book, but somehow we ended up deciding to go in May...

Have a great trip and let me know how it was!

Will do - have a great cruise.... Question though, is your son turning 21 prior to getting on the ship? I ask because if he turns 21 during the cruise he will not be allowed any alcoholic beverages. You must be 21 prior to sailing.

He'll be turning 22. One of the main reasons we haven't cruised yet. By the time we decided to go on one, he was in that 18-21 year old range. I think that group seems to be a bit neglected on all the cruise lines.

Now he's old enough (and has been for a year), so we'll give cruising a try. I am tired of the all inclusives :D

I'm leaving Friday...hopefully the newly reported gangway issue will be fixed!!!! :(

Let me know if you need any info from the ship.

Would you check for a hair dryer? I could swear there was one in the cabin! But looks like I am wrong - just trying to decide if I am going to pack mine or not.

Just got back from crusing on the Paradise. It was great. We have cruised a lot but this was my husband's first time on Carnival. The weather was nice but a bit cool.

We stayed at the Queen Mary and loved it. Beautiful ship and very relaxing. The food is a bit pricey, but very good. Happy Hour in the Observation Bar is a good deal. They have a Stay & Sail package that runs about $185 with tax.

At dinner the first night we ordered a wine package. It was 3 bottles of mid-range wine and what we didn't finish we could take with us after dinner. Cost with tip was $75, which we felt was fair. One of the selections was Korbel Brut. One evening we didn't go to the dining room and we were able to get a bottle via room service at no extra charge. We looked mighty classy walking around with champagne glasses and our open bottle that night. LOL ;)

If you like chocolate, I recommend the Chocolate Melting Cake. Our waiter knew to just bring that to me every night.

We had been to Catalina before but had not done the golf cart rental. You can rent them at the end of the pier. Cost is $80 for a 4 person cart. There is also a deposit required. Don't remember the name of the rental place, but my husband was very happy with their service. Also, go to the Wrigley Botanical Gardens if you have not been there before.

We did some shopping in Ensenada and then decided we needed Margaritas. We are much for the shore excursions. There are twe shops there I like and once done spending money there I was ready to eat & drink. :p

As for ship board activites, if you like trivia and stuff like that, you will have a good time. In fact, my husband and another couple we were with won a coveted "Ship On A Stick" playing cartoon tune trivia. We (meaning my husband and friends - I was the audience) did karaoke and generally ran around and had a good time. Our friends went to the comedy shows and they said it was so-so. One guy was funny and the other not so much. We managed to keep busy and still had time to nap.

No hairdryer in the stateroom. They do provide robes. Don't forget a power strip. There is only one outlet.

You will have a lot of fun. The couple who went with us are sold on cruising. In fact, we have book a trip on the Spendor for next Feb.

I'm leaving Friday...hopefully the newly reported gangway issue will be fixed!!!! :(

Let me know if you need any info from the ship.

We just got off the Paradise this morning in San Pedro, instead of Long Beach. What a surprise! They said they worked on it all night!

We did not know until this morning. The didn't warn us. Actually, for us it enabled us to visit a friend in SP, that we weren't planning to see. For us it worked out fine. Others were shuttled to LB. Wonder if today's ship was shuttled too.

We just got off the Paradise this morning in San Pedro, instead of Long Beach. What a surprise! They said they worked on it all night!

We did not know until this morning. The didn't warn us. Actually, for us it enabled us to visit a friend in SP, that we weren't planning to see. For us it worked out fine. Others were shuttled to LB. Wonder if today's ship was shuttled too.

Welcome back Donna! Hope you had a great cruise!

Yea I was wondering about today's embarkation too. Guess I'll keep my ear low to the ground for news between now and Friday on if I should show up at the LB terminal or SP.

I have read about that. I think that as long as we don't get seasick (my son, I know I won't...salmon charters as a kid and whale watching several times as an adult would probably have accomplished it...LOL), and the activities onboard appeal to him (I can do a good book and a window to look out anywhere), then he will enjoy the Hawaii cruise too. I know the demographic is older, but he likes older people (grandparent type)...he might actually enjoy it more than the party ship! I am keeping all that in mind though.

We are also considering a Panama Canal cruise or a back to back Eastern/Western Caribbean for that time. Of course if all that fails, I can always go back to the All Inclusives. I am really just looking for something new and different for us :)

I was also on this cruise with some of the others that have already given you some great advise. I wanted to chime in on the seasickness. I was very surprised at how much motion I could feel. In fact the first night at dinner I had to get up rather quickly and make my way back to my cabin for some ginger tablets. Sheryl AKA Freezinginmichigan can attest to how green I was that night. :D I came prepared with Bonine and ginger tablets so I felt like I was going to be ok. My only mistake was taking 2 pills in the morning so that by 9pm it had worn off. My suggestion is to take one after breakfast and one with dinner. That seemed to keep the seasickness in check for the rest of the cruise. I also didn't take any the morning we were in Mexico and opted to take 2 a few hours before we sailed away knowing that the seas could be rough on our way back to California. With that being said I cant wait to cruise again. We are already figuring out when we can take our next cruise.

Enjoy!

We too also plan on staying on the Queen. We have stayed there in the past and while cramped, loved it. I guess I will bring my hairdryer with me - no big deal, we are driving. We have a porthole room - and really like the front of the ship.

We too also plan on staying on the Queen. We have stayed there in the past and while cramped, loved it. I guess I will bring my hairdryer with me - no big deal, we are driving. We have a porthole room - and really like the front of the ship.

We had a porthole room - U18. Let me know if you'd like pics. I've yet to write a review. Hopefully this weekend :rolleyes:

Don't forget a power strip. There is only one outlet.

One US outlet and one Eurpoean 2prong outlet. You could always bring a plug adapter for you dual voltage things, most are these days.

Archived