Swim up Bar???

cruiserkelly

Tell me more please...is this an excursion? Is it in Cozumel on the beach?

The all-inclusive at Mr. Sanchos is $50 & includes all drinks & food (except Lobster) & a table with an umbrella, lounge chairs, snorkeling & ocean kayaks.

You can book Mr. Sanchos in advance & pay a $5 deposit or just show up which is what we did. I e-mailed them but got a better response from their sales Manager at olivermunoz@hotmail.com.

There is more info & pics from Mr. Sanchos in my Elation review. The beach is gorgeous & there were 5 ships in port but it didn't seem crowded at all, especially the AI area.

Juli

If we decide to do this, how early do you think we should reserve our spot? We cruise May 2nd. Is the website how you reserved your spot? Is it reliable?

Book it now, web site is fine, booked both times no problem.

also they have a Face book page (not for booking) you can ask about availability for your date.

But the best way is to just request it on the web page.

they get back to you faster ;)

Money is involved :D

You will have a wonderful time...

Ask for Marie's Madness, it the best LOL

Strawberry, Banana, Pineapple and Coconut...Yummy

Miami Vise with Banana Daiquiri mixed in.

Everyone one was getting Marie's Madness two weeks ago.

but it was only the name for the day,

Ask Manuel :rolleyes:,

He said the bar tender would think he was crazy if he told him I wanted a Marie's Madness,

I think by the end of the day, the bartender knew what it was.

we had 50 people from our CC Group there.

Not sure how many were ordering Marie's Madness, but at least 10 were.

You will have a great time...

Get 'r Booked

Book it now, web site is fine, booked both times no problem.

also they have a Face book page (not for booking) you can ask about availability for your date.

But the best way is to just request it on the web page.

they get back to you faster ;)

Money is involved :D

You will have a wonderful time...

Ask for Marie's Madness, it the best LOL

Strawberry, Banana, Pineapple and Coconut...Yummy

Miami Vise with Banana Daiquiri mixed in.

Everyone one was getting Marie's Madness two weeks ago.

but it was only the name for the day,

Ask Manuel :rolleyes:,

He said the bar tender would think he was crazy if he told him I wanted a Marie's Madness,

I think by the end of the day, the bartender knew what it was.

we had 50 people from our CC Group there.

Not sure how many were ordering Marie's Madness, but at least 10 were.

You will have a great time...

Get 'r Booked

Can't wait to try Marie's Madness...sounds yummy! Thanks for all your info...do you remember if you had to pay in full to reserve or just a deposit?

One of the most relaxing and enjoyable days we've ever had cruising... we grabbed a cab to Nachi Cocom - spent the day there and shared a cab with our new friends ;) back to the ship. It was NOT crowded or loud at all - just what we wanted.

Loved it and would recommend it very highly. We went in early February and the weather was beautiful - hot tub with bar service was fantastic!! Booked on our own on-line a few weeks before departure...

Can't wait to try Marie's Madness...sounds yummy! Thanks for all your info...do you remember if you had to pay in full to reserve or just a deposit?

Book online, $12 per person, the rest ($37pp) you pay in cash or Travelers Check, they do not take CC on site.

Nachi Cocom is my favorite day on a cruise so far - and that was my 7th cruise and second time in Cozumel. That particular day, my family and I were 4 of only 10 people who came that day (the Fantasy was the only ship on port). Gorgeous water, excellent drinks, wonderful food with huge portions that we couldn't even finish. I have a picture I took there as my desktop at work, and people who see it always comment about how heavenly it looks. I tell them, it is!

Now... reserve it now.

They will charge your credit card $12 and you'll pay the remaining $37 in cash upon arrival...

:)

Last month when I reserved for our 2nd visit, they didn't charge the credit card, justmy info in case we don't show. They said in the response that they only charge now if you don't show. So take the full amount with you.

Another poster said that they don't have any water toys...they do. You can rent jetskis, go parasailing, snorkelling, etc...

We went to a place in Playa Del Carmen that sounds similar to Nachi Cocum, except that it is a resort, too. It was Grand Coco Beach, I think?? We booked through Cozumelcruiseexcursions dot com. $50 all you can eat/drink, access to pool, beach, not motorized water sports and a to-die-for 50 minute massage for $20 just down the beach!!

Another vote for Nachi Cocom. I book thru Island Marketing, but I think you can book directly with Nachi now. I would book now. If you book with Island Mkt. you put down $12 and pay the additional $39 in cash upon arrival. If you decide to cancel, they will refund the $12, but then why would anyone cancel?? I love Nachi Cocom!:D

Another vote for Mr. Sanchos (and if you have kids they may like this better because Mr. Sanchos also has inflatable water toys). The all inclusive area at Mr. Sanchos is brand new...you can go there and not pay all inclusive and go a la carte as opposed to Nachi which is totally AI.

Food is right off the menu, drinks are GREAT...I love the more "lively" atmosphere at Mr Sanchos. My favorite place in Cozumel.

In Nassau, I'd go to the Sheraton at Cable Beach - it's not all inclusive, but they have 3 wonderful pools, one with a swim up bar, and it's only $25 for the day pass. Obviously, if you're a big drinker, you'll blow past $50 really fast, but Nassau is more expensive overall than Cozumel, anyway.

Breezes and Sandals also have day passes, I think, but I think they work directly with the cruise lines (or at least they used to) so I'm not sure you can book them directly. Wyndham has a $40 pass for day use including a lunch buffet, but I was NOT impressed by the buffet at all - been there twice now and did not like it.

Sheraton pass gives you access to Wyndham's property and vice versa - been there, done that with Wyndham. Since the buffet is NOT worth the extra $15, I'd go to the Sheraton, save the $15 per person and spend it on drinks or a burger by the pool.

As to Cozumel - we're cruising the same week you are and I am frozen by indecision - can't decide which one to try. It's just me and my 16yo that week - if all else fails, we'll go to Paradise Beach, but right now I'm leaning toward Nachi.

Thanks for the info!!

In Nassau, I'd go to the Sheraton at Cable Beach - it's not all inclusive, but they have 3 wonderful pools, one with a swim up bar, and it's only $25 for the day pass. Obviously, if you're a big drinker, you'll blow past $50 really fast, but Nassau is more expensive overall than Cozumel, anyway.

Breezes and Sandals also have day passes, I think, but I think they work directly with the cruise lines (or at least they used to) so I'm not sure you can book them directly. Wyndham has a $40 pass for day use including a lunch buffet, but I was NOT impressed by the buffet at all - been there twice now and did not like it.

Sheraton pass gives you access to Wyndham's property and vice versa - been there, done that with Wyndham. Since the buffet is NOT worth the extra $15, I'd go to the Sheraton, save the $15 per person and spend it on drinks or a burger by the pool.

Have to definitely agree. Nachi Cocum is the best! Joseph was our waiter and he did an awesome job. They have watersports, parasailing as well as souveniers. Food is awesome and you have to try the banana daiquiri! THEE BEST!!! Have a great time!

Joseph was our waiter too! He kept the drinks flowing all day!

Yes he did! Every time we looked up they were bringing us more tequila shots and I'm talking about the high quality premium tequila! I was soo twisted that when we got back to that mall Punta Lagosta, I actually allowed a photographer to wrap a python around me! hehehehe..Nachi was the best time and definitely my favorite part of Cozumel!! This Mr. Sanchos place sounds like a great spot too though. I may have to book this next time.

Joseph was our waiter too! He kept the drinks flowing all day!

We were there last week. Weather was partly cloudy but very warm...lots of people were in the ocean and pool. We had to take a cab, which are readily available at the pier. Cost was $15 each way. BTW...the people in Coz drive like MANIACS so wear your seatbelt! I about had a heart attack when our cab driver decided to play chicken with a truck coming head on at us in the wrong lane.

Also wanted to add that Nachi had the absolute best Mexican food I have ever had, bar none. The chicken was literally so tender and juicy it melted in my mouth. Guac was fabulous, the beans were even good and I HATE refried beans. These were somehow different than those they serve at TexMex places here in the U.S. I also ate all the fresh produce and had no stomach problems at all.

The portions are generous...we could not even think of ordering dessert (we just drank it instead, haha).

Oh my gosh! You are soo right! They drive crazy! We were on the other side of the road too!!!

cruiserkelly, if ya go to Nachi...when you pull up don't be scared. it looks deserted but when you step in, a photog comes out and takes your pic with sombreros and you have the option to buy and then you walk right into paradise. It is absolutely gorgeous & very peaceful. And the food...DELICIOUS!!!! My hubby and I parasailed. We talked the guy down to $70 for the two of us whereas if you bought it elsewhere it was running $90 and up. You can also rent jetskis and snorkel. I wish ya a TON of FUN!!!! :D

We were there last week. Weather was partly cloudy but very warm...lots of people were in the ocean and pool. We had to take a cab, which are readily available at the pier. Cost was $15 each way. BTW...the people in Coz drive like MANIACS so wear your seatbelt! I about had a heart attack when our cab driver decided to play chicken with a truck coming head on at us in the wrong lane.

Also wanted to add that Nachi had the absolute best Mexican food I have ever had, bar none. The chicken was literally so tender and juicy it melted in my mouth. Guac was fabulous, the beans were even good and I HATE refried beans. These were somehow different than those they serve at TexMex places here in the U.S. I also ate all the fresh produce and had no stomach problems at all.

The portions are generous...we could not even think of ordering dessert (we just drank it instead, haha).

Archived