Select Dining - Reservations or no?

audrey2580

A quick thought-- if you plan on eating at 6:00 in the MDR, you may as well opt for the early seating instead of select. Advantages are you get the same waitstaff every night, who quickly learn your desires and cater to them, and you do not have to prepay gratuities. If you don't plan on eating in the MDR every night, that's okay-- it's polite to inform the maitre'd the nights you'll be absent so they won't be waiting on you. if you simply want to eat around 6:00 but want the flexibility to be later than that, stay with select dining.

Reservations might be a good thing to consider, but IMO that takes away the advantage of being able to play it by ear, just show up when it suits you. I wouldn't think a wait for a table would often be long if you just show up.

We had reservations for 2 on our Post Thanksgiving cruise. We liked the fact that we could change plans if we wanted by just calling, but also had our table waiting at the time we wanted. I would make reservations if I were you, especially for 5.

There are often lines for select dining starting around 7. I would make reservations or be there within a half hour of when it opens to get that larger table. OR...like the pp said, just go with traditional. Doors open at 6. They close to diners at 6:30 in case you are running a few min. late.

Archived