marriott Fort Lauderdale North restaurant recommendation

polkadot1

We will be staying at the Marriot Fort Lauderdale North before our Equinox Caribbean cruise in April. Can anyone recommend a restaurant for breakfast and dinner outside the hotel as I think the hotel will be expensive. Also are there a reasonable amount of shops and restaurants close to the hotel?

We would have preferred to have stayed at the Hilton near the port, but it was fully booked. Our cruise and hotel were booked as a package, so we had no other choice of hotel.

We stayed there a few years ago, with celebrity as part of a package.

we were impressed with the hotel and the staff really went the extra mile.

there is not much around the hotel for us, as we didn't have a car. there was a salad tomatos (spelling) a short walk away - this was our first trip to this chain and after a long transatlantic flight it was very good.

There were a few bars around also. Probably quite a bit more if you have a car.

for breakfast, we ate in the hotel, it wasn't too expensive and was good.

enjoy!

Hi, Polkadot1,

The Marriott North is located in a business district....NOT really a tourist area. Most other buildings in the area are office buildings or other businesses.

I live in the area and have attended many luncheons/dinners/ and private parties there. Although I haven't been there in a long time, it has always been well-kept and is nicely landscaped with a nice pool.

Up the road from the hotel is a large shopping center on the corner of North Andrews Ave. and NE 62nd Street. Nothing fancy. There are several restaurants there....very casual and on the inexpensive side. They are Starlite Diner (open for breakfast), Carlucci's Italian, Long Horn Steak House, Champps (I think a sports bar), and Sweet Tomatoes (which specializes in make your own salad). According to the map, this shopping center is located about 0.2 miles from the hotel.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Enjoy your travels.

Hi Fussylady,

As you know the area around the Marriot well, do you think it would be worth getting a taxi to the Marina in the evening to eat there or is it not worth the bother and perhaps should we just stay in the local area? Approximately how far away is the Marina? We have only 1 night at the Marriot before transferring to the Marina the following day around 11am for our Caribbean Cruise.

Thank you

Archived