Farewell Party Questions

StringerBell

There may be another ship 'exception' that I don't know about, but for Carnival Sensation it's as if that particular ship was in a time warp, and missed the changes taking place regarding 'Captain's Celebration' and the new 'Fun Farewell' thingamajig.

That ship still does the original Captain's Celebration in the Fantasia Lounge, with complimentary cocktails and a visit by the Captain.

There may be another ship 'exception' that I don't know about, but for Carnival Sensation it's as if that particular ship was in a time warp, and missed the changes taking place regarding 'Captain's Celebration' and the new 'Fun Farewell' thingamajig.

That ship still does the original Captain's Celebration in the Fantasia Lounge, with complimentary cocktails and a visit by the Captain.

Same with the Paradise for 3 & 4 nighters..free drinks in the lounge, no farewell party.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that 3 day cruises have free drinks at the Captain's Reception and $1 off happy hour on last day.

I believe that 3 day cruises have free drinks at the Captain's Reception and $1 off happy hour on last day.

That may easily be the case on some, but on Carnival Sensation it's just that one evening thing, and then nada on the final day at sea.

Same with the Paradise for 3 & 4 nighters..free drinks in the lounge, no farewell party.

Just came off the Paradise- I don't care what it's called but the Paradise had a party last sea day in the Normadie show lounge at 5pm. At one point I had 2 1/2 Whiskey Sours in front of me. :D

Just came off the Paradise- I don't care what it's called but the Paradise had a party last sea day in the Normadie show lounge at 5pm. At one point I had 2 1/2 Whiskey Sours in front of me. :D

Then it must just be the 3-nighters. You did the 4-nighter right?

3-nighter just has the Captains Party (still with free drinks) at the "formal night" (Sat night) in Normandie with the Captain and officers introduced.

I've never had anyone impose a maximum drink rule! lol! On the Liberty last year for the Farewell Party they were bringing them faster than we could drink.

Just remember to look for the farewell party in the 'Fun Times' - it is hidden, not announced at all - it will only appear on the 'tear off' section usually 5 pm - last evening of cruise - something like 'fun farewell' and location with no description of the event or mention of the free drinks!

Just remember to look for the farewell party in the 'Fun Times' - it is hidden, not announced at all - it will only appear on the 'tear off' section usually 5 pm - last evening of cruise - something like 'fun farewell' and location with no description of the event or mention of the free drinks!

It's actually a clever test to see if anyone reads the Fun Times... It's mentioned with the Complimentary Cocktails noted on embarkation day in the "Looking Ahead" section (at the bottom of the tear off).:cool:

fun.jpg.72b49eb5b485c9565f16fa5362919318.jpg

Archived