Horesback riding excursion?

My husband wants to do the one in San Juan. Has anyone beeon on either the day or evening horseback riding excursion there?

come ride with us in the San Juan Mountains!

from

http://www.sanjuanbackcountry.com/horsebackrides.htm

Pack into the historic San Juan Mountains

from

http://www.horsebackriding.com/horsepack.html

The Rough Riders Storm San Juan Hill

from

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/roughriders.htm

My husband and I have been on the Chukka Cove excursion. The ride out to the beach was beautiful. You ride through a lime grove, down a small cove were the view was spectacular, through a livestock pasture and finally to the beach. This part was very tame, not cantering or even any trottin (I have my own horses so this was easy), my husband doesn't ride so he liked this part alot. When you get to the beach you ride using bareback saddle pads, you go right into the ocean and the horses actually swim in water over their heads. This was great. The horses are very well kept, they are used a polo ponies they get pretty good care. This was an excursion I will never forget.

I have also done the Buena Vista Ranch excursion in Cozumel. This was very good also (not for the so called ruins but for the ride). The horses are a little rough but they are not trail hounds either. The scenery ws very nice and you got to see many iguanas. The only thing about the ride is that you do a lot of running over some rough ground (even I got nervous, I never would ride my own horse over some of the ground they did). But it was still fun.

I am confused- Isn't Ocho Rios an hour and a half away. so the horse ride is 2 1/2 hours and transportation is 3 hours. I don't think we'll do it if it's that much riding in the car. There's another that's thru Chukka Blue- i think it's the same company but you ride outside Mo Bay. I'll have to check on it. Thanks

We docked in Ocho Rios so the ride was only about 20 minutes, the guide narrated the whole way so it was quite interesting. We spent the whole 3 hrs with the horses. The guides where very nice and let me ride in the ring for about 20 minutes after the ride because I have my own horse and wanted to try the polo ponies at a canter.

Archived