Leaving For Florida 2 Weeks from Today!

Tammy25

Wow...the days are going pretty fast (but not fast enough) lol! The weather here in PA has been just miserable and I haven't been feeling well at all. Having a chronic pain disease along with other serious medical conditions is not any fun at all with this kind of weather. I have spent the last 2 days in tears and in so much pain. I'm trying to fight and keep my mind on going to Florida and getting married but sometimes it's tough. We leave on the 16th and then the wedding is on the 18th aboard the Imagination in Miami.

I'm so excited but also nervous! I hope everything goes well and we don't encounter any problems. Especially hoping the weather holds out for us to get out of PA! I'm also a bit nervous when it comes to the whole getting married again thing. I said I would never get married again and yet here I am. I am so in love with my hubby to be. He is such a wonderful man and is always there for me. We have such a bond and I've never felt this way about anyone..ever! I've never been so much in love. I finally know what love really is. I'm marrying the man of my dreams!

I have been reading everyone's posts and looking at pictures, videos, etc. I've been in tears of joy this morning. A Wedding day is such a beautiful day in so many ways. I am looking forward to be that happy, smiling, beautiful bride in 2 weeks.

I put my dress on the other day and I didn't want to take it off. I can't believe that was me standing there! I believe I made a great choice with this dress. I hope my fiance' will love it. I am still trying to make a decision about the train. I took the dress to a seamstress (not David's Bridal) for the alterations. The dress was also uneven..go figure. It wouldn't have needed a hem if the dress would have been even on both sides. Crazy! I lost a few pounds so now the top needs to be taken in. It fell right down. She specialized in bridal gowns/formal wear and has been doing alterations for 35 years so I have trust in her. I spent almost 2 hours with her going over the dress. She feels I should wear the train down for the ceremony then bustle it up. I'm just afraid of it being a pain to get it bustled and walking around the cruise with a train will probably be a pain in the butt! I do love the dress with the train though. My mom of course is insisting I don't wear the train and have it cut off. I refuse to do that! The seamstress said she can put it in a french bustle to see what I think. I know this is going to be a tough decision. I'm quite old fashioned when it comes to being a bride ;)

I got my flower arrangements all taken care of. It was no problem changing the order around to match this dress. I went with the Heart's Joy Bouquet as some of you voted for..lol. It's going to have red and white roses with red ribbon stem wrap along with some white pearls at the bottom. I can't wait to see it! I'm having them all mailed to my mother's who is in S. Florida so I don't have to get them on the plane. Much easier for me!

Also, I called the airlines which is now a US Air flight even though the flight was booked through United. UGH! The person from US Air said they can hang my gown and his uniform in the closest for us if we ask them at the gate. She said they will probably even let us board first. I sure hope so. I'm so worried about getting this dress down there and he's worried about his military uniform which has LOTS of pins and patches on it. United was of no help at all so I hope US Air works out for us. I'm a bundle of nerves!

We had our pre marital counseling and agreed to abstain from sex until the wedding night and oh my...I'm really a bundle of nerves now. I can make it but it's not easy! My fiance was the one who really agreed to it. I didn't have much of a choice. double ugh! It's making it very tough to be around eachother when we are stuck indoors! We've had to find other things to do ..lol....scrabble, rummy, boggle, poker, etc. I'm counting down the days!

Sorry this was so long but I'm going crazy! I've been stuck inside for weeks now!

I hope everyone is safe, warm and happy!

I've attached pics of my two dresses. I will be selling the first one since I went with the second choice (one with red). I look awful in the pictures lol. I have now colored and got a really cute haircut. I love it!

Anyone looking to buy a wedding dress? It's from David's bridal

1227980069_FirstWeddingDress.jpg.e7a159b9880512b2d33efba2af4cb87f.jpg

1209862742_WeddingGown.jpg.7b507ddfb446b23f43375ff8417131be.jpg

Tammy... you will be alright girl. No matter what happens with the wedding it will be your 'unique' and 'special' day. In the end you will be married to someone you obviously love. We often spend so much time looking at the garbage behind us that we don't see the road paved in gold before us. You did, now enjoy it.

By the way, I'm in NYC and this weather is enough! Today's ice storm was the last straw for me. I'm ready to become a stowaway on the next cruise ship out of here!

Lipz..I am with you! I'm so ready to get out of here..like NOW! I can't take any more of this crappy weather. The plows are still plowing here and they started at 7 a.m. I'm tired of hearing it, seeing it, stepping in it...grrrrrrrrr! And yet another storm is on the way for Saturday! I'm sure you didn't want to hear that. I am so bored. I can't go anywhere because I struggle in this weather. I'm in too much pain to go anywhere or do anything and I'm afraid to drive in this. I can't wait to get out of here. I'm looking forward to my special day...I love my hubby to be and I believe this is going to be wonderful in more ways than one. I wish you the best as well. You two seem very happy together and that is wonderful! I will be looking forward to seeing your pictures :)

Let me know if you find any cruises we can stow away on before saturday!!!

Archived