Opened Soda Cartons

millerboy88

For those of you that have recently cruised and have brought on board your allowable sodas in cartons: Are really cutting open your cartons to check to see if they really are sodas, and if they do are they taping/sealing the cartons back up, or are you stuck with getting on board with opened cartons and loose cans flying everywhere?

For those of you that have recently cruised and have brought on board your allowable sodas in cartons: Are really cutting open your cartons to check to see if they really are sodas, and if they do are they taping/sealing the cartons back up, or are you stuck with getting on board with opened cartons and loose cans flying everywhere?

I think some of the become urban legends or someone sees something that looks like they are doing something and making assumptions.

I'm not saying that they would not if they wanted to but I have yet to see anyone open the cartons......I've seen then tape up cartons that were broken by the pass. though.

My guess is it's like a pat down at the airport. They probably just randomly select people to open up their 12 pack. I can't imagine they would do that to everyone carrying on a 12 pack of soda as it would slow the line down too much. I was on the Inspiration this past December and I just through my 12 pack on the x-ray and gathered it on the other side. No one asked me a single question.

We've had Dh's 12 pack of diet mtn. dew opened twice. Both times they taped it back up for us. Other cruises, they've just had us open the rolling carryon it's in and looked at the carton. Other cruises, they don't bat an eyelash and we roll right through. So I think it's random.

they opened my soda carton a few weeks ago in Miami. They asked if they were all soda, I said yes, they poked around in there, just closed the flaps (no tape, but it was in my carry on so no huge deal to me). I'm sure if you asked they could find some tape somewhere.

By your picture, you look shifty enough and would smuggle several cases of beer on :rolleyes:.

What were they thinking ?????? Maybe a 23 year old kid but come on!!!!

By your picture, you look shifty enough and would smuggle several cases of beer on :rolleyes:.

What were they thinking ?????? Maybe a 23 year old kid but come on!!!!

roflmao. what are you trying to say...I couldn't pass for a crazy college kid?! :D;)

on a side note, though, I think the young kids are dumb enough to go into debt paying for their booze and not think twice about it. and judging from the few smuggling posts I've skimmed here on CC, it's the middle-aged tightwads that are doing the majority of the smuggling, roflmao.:D

Archived