Excursions without booking thru ship???

Ohio Cruiser2005

My favorite is Mayan Paradise for snorkeling and snuba. You can book via their website at http://www.snubacozumel.com. They pick up and drop off at Nachi Cocom, so you can have the best of both worlds - boat and beach! I've also been on the Fury for snorkeling. Another good trip. They do snorkeling plus a lunch on the beach. Travelnotes.cc has a listing of "Things to Do" in Cozumel that you may want to check out. Like I said in the earlier post - there are tons of choices, most of which you can book directly instead of going through the ship.

Ohio Cruiser,

Cozumel is the perfect place to *not* book an excursion. Don't book in on the ship, don't book a private excursion. There's just no need for it.

There are many great snorkeling spots on the island. Just take a taxi to Dzul-Ha. They have rentals showers lockers, food, and drinks available. It is free and you can go at your leisure with no schedules or waiting in line. If you want a nice sandy beach, you might try Chankanaab Park or Paradise beach, but the snorkeling won't be as good.

Why pay for an excursion when you can just go on your own for free?

With 15 hours on the island you could book a 3-reef snorkel trip and still have time to hit the beach afterward.

I, too, recommend Eagle Ray Divers for snorkeling or diving. Or, Discover Scuba -- a great introduction into scuba diving.

You could also check out http://www.cozumelinsider.com for other island excursions, a chart on beaches, and beach clubs, and other island info. Sherri also operates the PalMar Estate Beach Club, which is across from Dzul Ha (snorkeling).

Archived