Cabana Squatters

DEBnGAB

I recommend some yellow crime scene tape to keep squatters out. Seeing as you were apparently robbed when you paid for the cabana.

I wonder if the yellow tape would even be effective in deterring the squatters? lol! Someone else posted something about a rope across the entry.

Well, I think I am going to make a sign and bring a string...

Ugh, one more thing to worry about...

I have very carefully planned our family cruise and try to plan every little thing- I know I am a bit OCD when it comes to our vacation...

We reneted a cabana on another cruise line's island and did not have a problem but who knows...

A cost sharing arrangement! Brilliant! You wanna set your stuff down in here?? $20! lol!

Anyone wanting to use the shower that's 10.00 please!!! I am sure some will learn their english real quick. Most will huff and puff at that!!! When I go later this month I will come back and report how it went.

Anyone wanting to use the shower that's 10.00 please!!! I am sure some will learn their english real quick. Most will huff and puff at that!!! When I go later this month I will come back and report how it went.

My husband said he will have no problem asking for $10 per adult or $5 per child to use our cabana shower. He is very outspoken, so I don't think we'll have a problem with someone using the amenities we paid for. We'll see :rolleyes:

My husband said he will have no problem asking for $10 per adult or $5 per child to use our cabana shower. He is very outspoken, so I don't think we'll have a problem with someone using the amenities we paid for. We'll see :rolleyes:

I like it! Report back with the results.

Better than "Private Cabana" would be a sign stating, "Reserved For [your name]. Please see the Shore Excursion desk for rental information."

That's exactly what I was thinking. That should answer the stupid and maybe drop a major hint for the rude (even though I'm sure there is no hope for them though).

WOW...chair hogs, cabana squatters, line breakers...some people are SO RUDE!!! These kind of people are "me,me,me"!! Almost like they think the world owes them something.Grr...

Bad part is, these SAME people who think that it is ok to help themselves to your stuff/break in line/etc... flip out over the smallest inconvienience to them! :eek:

Common courtesy and respect goes a long way.

I'm loving the sign ideas and tape/rope :D

We had a cabana rented at Grand Turk and we also had squatters and people using our shower. We were in the pool and came back and there was a guy in one of our loungers. When I came up to the cabana he said that he thought they were for everyones use. I explained that they were for rent and please feel free to go get one if he liked them so much as there was one left. When I told him how much he said no way.

We had a cabana rented at Grand Turk and we also had squatters and people using our shower. We were in the pool and came back and there was a guy in one of our loungers. When I came up to the cabana he said that he thought they were for everyones use. I explained that they were for rent and please feel free to go get one if he liked them so much as there was one left. When I told him how much he said no way.

Yea I guess when they find out they have to PAY that seems to be the deterrent! :rolleyes:

Im not going til Sept...but youre going in April right? I think youre first! :D:D Lucky!

My sig just has my March cruise to Ensenda. I need to add the Destiny. :o

I thought you were going to HMC on the Paradise.

Well I have caution tape at work:p

Also at work I can make a sign that says anything I want it to say:D

Punch a hole in the top left and right, tie some string and lay it in the bottom of my suitcase.

Maybe put on it "RESERVED FOR PRIVATE PARTY"

About how big would you say the sign is that is on the cabana?

Perhaps because HMC is Carnival's "private" island, people are thinking the "Private" signs refer to that and not the fact that it is a rented cabana.

Better than "Private Cabana" would be a sign stating, "Reserved For [your name]. Please see the Shore Excursion desk for rental information."

When we reserved a cabana at a resort last summer, there was a sign that said "Reserved for the ---------- Family. If you are interested in reserving your own, please call ----"

Now I'm thinking about creating a free lawn sign from vista print dot com for our cabana. The purpose of the cabana is to relax and i won't be able to if i have to be on guard!

This really sucks!:eek::mad:

When we reserved a cabana at a resort last summer, there was a sign that said "Reserved for the ---------- Family. If you are interested in reserving your own, please call ----"

Now I'm thinking about creating a free lawn sign from vista print dot com for our cabana. The purpose of the cabana is to relax and i won't be able to if i have to be on guard!

This really sucks!:eek::mad:

I like this one also.

Punch a hole in the top left and right, tie some string and lay it in the bottom of my suitcase.

How about one that says "If you didn't pay for this Cabana, STAY THE &$#! OUT!!!!

I think that would do the trick, just remember to take your receipt!:cool:

I am outspoken too!!! I am very nice about it though!!! Kill'em with kindness but sometimes enough is enough!!!!

I can understand someone not knowing you pay for them but when they are on an excursion list that is put out by the cruiseline...come on how ignorant can you be....Some people know you have to pay for them but think they are above the law. Plus they think everybody owes them something. They are so amd so from such and such place:rolleyes:

If people would ask before making themselves at home it would help.

We rented #1, only to find out the paved path ended at our cabana. People kept cutting across our porch until I found a piece of bright pink ribbom and a wood stanchion that could be moved around nearby. I tied the ribbon to the railing and to the stanchion, and it seemed to give people the idea that they weren't supposed to go that way.

Folks also wanted to use the shower uninvited, but Rusty-Girl an be "pretty direct" (to put it politely) about her privileges and prerogatives, so that stopped pretty quickly.

We went back to the ship early, so we don't know what went on later, but we had consumed everything edible that came with the cabana, so all anyone had was the shade. (and maybe the "floaties")

Heck of it is that we were the third group to sign up, and could have had almost any of the cabanas, but we took the near one so we didn't have to walk as far. Lesson learned.

We're going back in September, and we'll rent again, but it will be much further down the beach, and away from that new pirate ship bar also.

I found a pack of flourescent card stock at "Wally-World." It's standard letter-sized, too bright to be ignored, and stiff enough to not blow around in the wind. Print your sign(s) on that and someone can't say they didn't see it... IIRC, there's a railing in front of the shower. Attach one of the signs there.

Another thought: Go to Home Depot or Lowe's, and ask for survey tape. A fifty foot by one-inch wide roll is only a coupla bucks and can be used any number of ways for markers, lightweight barriers, and so on. It comes in several different "flourescent" colors. If you absolutely have to, tie it to the misting fan and let it blow across the entry way. It's bound to get someone's attention.

you said Home Depot....gave me an idea,

You could purchase a thin metal "PRIVATE PROPERTY" sign and attach

to the railing.

You know the kind of signs that say "BEWARE OF DOG". They are Black, Orange and White. $2.99 I think.

Hummm..... I think I get one for my March 5th on the Liberty for our already reserved cabana. :cool:

I say ditch the printed sign and go with a full-out vinyl banner! :D

Shindigz.com is selling their custom vinyl banners for just $.01 plus shipping:

From their Facebook page:

As part of our mission “To Make Life More Fun” we’d like to give you all the opportunity to try one of our vinyl banners for ONLY 1¢. NOW until February 11th at 11:59 p.m. EST purchase any B1118 banner for ONLY ONE PENNY. Use coupon code VSTEH6 at the checkout. One per customer please, offer can't be combined with other offers and doesn't include our Create-A Banners or Attach ‘N’ Go Banners. Shipping charges apply.

Now who can possibly miss a giant banner? ;)

Bonus - it rolls up for easy transport.

Headhurt...I enjoyed reading your review the other day BTW.

What was your cabana number again?

Cabana 5. It was in a higher traffic area, next to the pirate ship bar. Maybe that had something to do with our trespassers. The public showers were about 25 feet away, but I guess some folks couldn't be bothered walking to them. Despite the higher volume of passers-by, we liked the location due to the close proximity to the bathroom. And the bar.:cool:

Archived