Cabana Squatters

DEBnGAB

When we rented a cabana there wasn't a limit on water usage. Is there a limit now? No, I think the poster was just making a statement of what he would say if someone wanted to use the shower that he did not want to share with others.

We had many people use the shower. The shower was outside the cabana. What's the problem with folks washing off with your cabana shower? If you don't mind that is fine. As one other person posted he asked if he could rinse his feet and they ended up having 15 people in his party using it:eek:

It didn't bother us, should it have? I think the problem is if one uses it than that opens up a can or worms if others see it and than you may have a parade of people.

No one bothered us the week we were there, we had cabana #10:D

We were on the Caribbean Princess a couple of years ago and rented a cabana on Half Moon Cay. Then it was up to 6 people and we had a butler who brought the food and drinks to the cabana for us. It was set up when we arrived. Was absolutely perfect. Best money that we spent.

I think it was #13 (the red one). Would do this anytime we have a port at a private island. Love the cabanas. We never had a problem with anyone just walking up; however, there was always someone on the veranda. We were the last one on the beach; so this may have been the reason. Princess had a reserved sign on our veranda that was stated it was reserved and had our last name on it.

For the gentleman who is making a reserved sign I think I would translate it into Spanish and French, so that there would be no confusion about understanding it is private.

I am back.

We rented cabana #10. The excursion desk was open when we got on the ship around 11:30. When I picked mine there was still a few left, most of them were low #'s or the higher #'s.

We did not have any issues at all with squatters:D

There were more chairs than people around out cabana.

It was very crowded closer to the beginning of the beach.

The ship bar did play music but we could hardly hear it from our cabana.

It was not very loud. We walked by it to go to lunch and it was not loud at all. The bathroom is right behind #10 and the buffet is a little bit of a walk. We got our food and brought it back to the cabana. The snacks they have in the cabana is really too much to eat.

The only think I did not know is when you get to HMC you are suppost to go to the informantion booth and give them your cabana ticket and they would give you a ride to your cabana. I did not know this so we walked to it. Later in the day a staffer came to the cabana and asked for out ticket and asked if everything was ok. The hammock next to the cabana was not used at all day. DH got in it once and fell out:rolleyes: he never tried again.

The tender line going back to the ship...what a nightmare:( in line for 45 minutes in the hot, hot sun. DS, DH and myself took turns standing in line while the other two stayed in the shade. But I would do it again today if I had the chance:D:D I have to wait until next April.

Thanks for the detailed info. One question on the tender wait at the end of the day. I don't relish waiting in the sun, can't you wait at the bar or even in your cabana until much later, I thought I had read somewhere if you hang at the bar, they can't leave you behind as the bar staff has to go back on the tender too or was the bar closed?

Thanks for the detailed info. One question on the tender wait at the end of the day. I don't relish waiting in the sun, can't you wait at the bar or even in your cabana until much later, I thought I had read somewhere if you hang at the bar, they can't leave you behind as the bar staff has to go back on the tender too or was the bar closed?

I guess you could do this. My DH is a worrywart so he said he would rather wait in line in the hot sun than wait until the last tender:cool:

When we had our cabana last October we didn't have any issues other than a few jealous stares. We did end up leaving a few hours early so someone may have taken the cabana after we went back to the ship, but since we didn't come back I wouldn't know.

This will be our first time on hmc and also with a cabana. We were told that if you are Platinum you can choose your cabana and that out of Miami they have someone right close to where you check in on the same floor as where you check in. Has anyone else experienced this, both being Platinum and choosing your cabana before being on the ship, have been told this several times...Its also our first as a Platinum, if someone knows please let me know :) We are sailing on the Liberty May 14 and will be on hmc on the 15. Thanks for any help!

This will be our first time on hmc and also with a cabana. We were told that if you are Platinum you can choose your cabana and that out of Miami they have someone right close to where you check in on the same floor as where you check in. Has anyone else experienced this, both being Platinum and choosing your cabana before being on the ship, have been told this several times...Its also our first as a Platinum, if someone knows please let me know :) We are sailing on the Liberty May 14 and will be on hmc on the 15. Thanks for any help!

I don't know the answer to this.

When you are platium don't you have VIP boarding?

If so than you would board before the "regular" folks:p

We were "regular" folks and we had zone 1 for boarding.

Once we boarded the excursion desk in right across the lobby from you. Maybe that is what the person was talking about "close to where you check in on the same floor". I did not see any excursion desk in the terminal. Also when we checked in I asked which exculator (sp?) would be better to use for getting on board faster. The employee told me the one on my left (when I was standing at the counter, he pointed to it) so we sat close to that one. They started VIP etc. boarding and they used the one on the left. Once they called the zones they used the one on the right only:cool:

We didnt have so much trouble as annoyance. We rented Cabana Number 10 (the green one - I think) and this family kept putting their lounge chairs up next to the steps (someone else mentioned the same thing) and one of us would have to ask them to move, but then they would put them right back when we would walk out to the beach. Of course they tried the whole "We Dont Speak English" thing, but unfortantuely for them my friend speaks Spanish so they stopped the whole "We dont understand you" and eventually moved away. It had gotten to the point that one of us had to stay in the Cabana at all times just to make sure they didnt poach anything. But they never actually came up the steps or used anything like the showers or such...just planted their lounge chairs at the base of the steps. Just a bit annoying is all.

We had the same thing happen in Nov. We were on Destiny, and were the only ship in port, so there was a lot of open spaces. This couple put loungers on each side of our stairs. They moved pretty quick when we started using the shower at full blast.

We had the same thing happen in Nov. We were on Destiny, and were the only ship in port, so there was a lot of open spaces. This couple put loungers on each side of our stairs. They moved pretty quick when we started using the shower at full blast.

Was there no security guard in the area? At Mahaogony Beach there were at least two staff in the cabana area and several times they told people to leave the area or move off of chairs and hammocks.

Was there no security guard in the area? At Mahaogony Beach there were at least two staff in the cabana area and several times they told people to leave the area or move off of chairs and hammocks.

MB ,local security, HMC ,Carnival employees,:rolleyes:

Archived