Cabana Squatters

DEBnGAB

I've never actually been to HMC, but I'm not surprised this is a problem. I'm not really much of a complainer, but I probably wouldn't like people infringing on space I paid for either. I wonder if it would make a difference if everyone who experiences this problem goes to the Shore Excursions desk and asked for their money back because their cabana wasn't "private" as advertised - might get Carnival paying a bit more attention to actually "policing" it in some way. Hard to say I guess.

When we reserved a cabana at a resort last summer, there was a sign that said "Reserved for the ---------- Family. If you are interested in reserving your own, please call ----"

I like this one.......:)

How about one that says "If you didn't pay for this Cabana, STAY THE &$#! OUT!!!!

I think that would do the trick, just remember to take your receipt!:cool:

But Smoof...you get the grand prize!! :p

You people are way over thinking what is a rare and minor problem.

I do agree there is a problem with cabana #1. Bad design there.

I hear you Don..it does happen on occasion but it is happening.

I will say thought, he responses here and sign ideas have been a lot of fun to read! Nice change of pace from the crap slinging on the smuggling threads. :)

You people are way over thinking what is a rare and minor problem.

I do agree there is a problem with cabana #1. Bad design there.

I dunno, based on the responses here and on other HMC threads, its not that rare OR minor... and the boors aren't limited to Carnival passengers!

Unlike that one respondant, (maybe on another thread) I wouldn't have been quiet while someone else took credit no matter HOW minor. Before the old biddies had a chance to get a word in edgewise, I'd have announced in my best D.I. voice that I was enjoying my cabana except for the freeloaders using my shower... but then again, I'm willing to speak more loudly than most people are willing to do. If they were embarrassed, so what?

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is in no way detering me from getting one for our cruise in September but still, I'd be pretty annoyed. I completely get the fact that there are going to be people that just don't know they are private. But if I come back from snorkling and someone is chilling in my cabana chair or eating my snacks......their will be words and I hope there are no children around. Just another reason to try to get a higher #.

I have never rented a cabana, but is the shower in front or on the side? When in use, how does it interfere with your enjoyment of the beach? I guess I'm wondering, if a stranger used the shower, why does that make so many of you angry, to the point of wanting to charge? I guess I'm of the ilk that if it isn't hundreds of folks and they aren't impeding my enjoyment, why not? It's already paid for, so why be selfish?

I have never rented a cabana, but is the shower in front or on the side? When in use, how does it interfere with your enjoyment of the beach? I guess I'm wondering, if a stranger used the shower, why does that make so many of you angry, to the point of wanting to charge? I guess I'm of the ilk that if it isn't hundreds of folks and they aren't impeding my enjoyment, why not? It's already paid for, so why be selfish?

To access your cabana shower, they have to walk up into your cabana and enter the cabana. Part of paying for the cabana is to have your own shower, convenient to you. Sorry but if I paid $200 to have those amenities, they are mine.

There are public showers located around the beach area.

I need to go on a cruise that includes HMC.

I'll rent cabana #1 and post a sign with pricing:

$10/shower

$50/hr lounge chair

$10/floaty

$25/hr shade

etc.

Maybe even serve drinks with a "slight" upcharge!!!!

Heck - I'll have the entire cruise paid off right there!!!

Swell!!

Peg

I need to go on a cruise that includes HMC.

I'll rent cabana #1 and post a sign with pricing:

$10/shower

$50/hr lounge chair

$10/floaty

$25/hr shade

etc.

Maybe even serve drinks with a "slight" upcharge!!!!

Heck - I'll have the entire cruise paid off right there!!!

Swell!!

Peg

I was JUST going to post something like this! EVERYONE knows the universal language of the almighty dollar. I'd tack a sign to the shower $10 USD for 5 min, tack one to a lounger....etc.

When someone came up I'd start hounding them....."Want a shower? Only 10 dollars for 5 minutes, pretty lady. Best shower your going to have. Hot and Cold and the pressure is nice and light for that sunburned skin. Come on pretty lady, for you only $10...."

Picture of shower. They would have to walk up the stairs to get to it.

876657211_yMQrJ-L.jpg.cdeec648741ae8adfa8987fbb953b164.jpg

I dunno, based on the responses here and on other HMC threads, its not that rare OR minor... and the boors aren't limited to Carnival passengers!

Unlike that one respondant, (maybe on another thread) I wouldn't have been quiet while someone else took credit no matter HOW minor. Before the old biddies had a chance to get a word in edgewise, I'd have announced in my best D.I. voice that I was enjoying my cabana except for the freeloaders using my shower... but then again, I'm willing to speak more loudly than most people are willing to do. If they were embarrassed, so what?

I dont get why anyone would say we are being selfish by not wanting others to use our cabana after we have paid for it, I believe we all want the Cabana to just relax and take it easy...we dont owe anything to anyone, other people are free to get a cabana. We will be in our cabana on May 15 first port and only ship there for the day, so looking forward to it. As I would imagine all of us are looking forward to it!

This thread is in no way detering me from getting one for our cruise in September but still, I'd be pretty annoyed. I completely get the fact that there are going to be people that just don't know they are private. But if I come back from snorkling and someone is chilling in my cabana chair or eating my snacks......their will be words and I hope there are no children around. Just another reason to try to get a higher #.

Cruise in September - Sep 3 by any chance? If so, see you there!!

ADDED: OH! Found your other post where it sez late September - never mind...

I'm almost convinced that this thread was started by someone who wanted the demand for HMC Cabanas lowered just a bit. ;):D

Didn't deter me - paid off the cruise early and booked one, just to make sure I got mine... :D

ADDED: Someone somewhere said they take you to your cabana in a golf cart. True? If so, I'll take one way down the beach this time...

Because we had some valuables (cameras, ipod) stored in our cabana, and having strangers walk into it (even just to use the urine-stream shower) was cutting it to close for comfort. Besides, I didn't spend $200 so everyone on the because could use it for free.

Didn't deter me - paid off the cruise early and booked one, just to make sure I got mine... :D

ADDED: Someone somewhere said they take you to your cabana in a golf cart. True? If so, I'll take one way down the beach this time...

Back in 2009 we were loaded into this open air but covered sort of trailer hooked up to a truck. There were benches along each side so that you sat facing each other. They loaded us into the trailer by people whose cabanas were furthest away going in the trailer first. I think we filled two trailers worth that day of cabana people. The driver traveled the road behind the cabanas and called out each number. Was a bit of a tight squeeze in the trailer but the destination was well worth it!

We had the Oasis last year and so many folks gave us an attitude and I had one group curse at me as they ignored the signs saying it was private. They wanted to go down the slide. I did let one little girl go down twice and then her dad said that she was happy.

Lets see how that this year will go with a cabana.

I say ditch the printed sign and go with a full-out vinyl banner! :D

Shindigz.com is selling their custom vinyl banners for just $.01 plus shipping:

From their Facebook page:

Now who can possibly miss a giant banner? ;)

Bonus - it rolls up for easy transport.

Why stop there.

Get an airplane to fly overhead with one of those trailing banners..."Oi! You below! Yes, you! Stay out of cabana # xx."

This is why I think the wife and I will look more between # 10 - 15

From what I've been reading on other threads, they no longer let you choose which cabana you get, they assign them now. We want to choose our own also, #'s 10-15 sound great.....

Archived