Booking a guarantee

Chelseaprincess

My DH and I just booked our first cruise with Celebrity :). We will be sailing on the Equinox to the Eastern Caribbean in April. We decided to book a guarantee balcony, as we normally do when sail with Princess.

I have a question for those of you who have booked a guarantee cabin previously. How soon do you get your cabin number assigned? Our experiences with Princess have been really good - within 2 or 3 weeks of reservation and upgrades.

Thanks in advance!

Chelsea

We booked last minute, 3.5 weeks out from our saildate, and got our assignment the next day. I was worried about doing a guarantee and searched for info on it. It seemed on average people got assignments within a week or two of booking. Those who, like me, booked late, got assigned quicker. I have read of some people who book guarantees early getting the assignment changed one or more times before sailing. In our case, I called and asked for ours to be changed. We booked a 2C guarantee and got assigned a 1A. But, our assignment was two floors directly above the portside 5th floor smoking area. So I called and they said once you are assigned they will switch you to an open room in the category you were assigned to. I got moved to the 8th floor on the starboard side, no problem. Good Luck, hope the guarantee fairy is good to you:)

Archived