Canon Rebel T1i... what do you think?

I just got a T2i and I hope you have as much fun using your new dslr as I am using mine. I have discovered that the world of dslr is a whole lot different than the point and shoot world. Two of my favorite websites with a ton of info are adorama.com and photoradar.com. Check them out, they have a lot of usefull videos.

Once you get the camera, go out and take lots and lots of pictures trying out various settings. A great way to learn what the camera is capable of and how to effectively use it. Import them to a computer and view them with the exif/metadata (exposure, lens, ISO, etc) about the picture. Can give you a good idea about what works and what does not. Got my first dSLR last Nov and took 2000 pics by new years.

If you have never used an SLR, get Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera by Bryan Peterson if it's available at your local libary. While reading it, have your camera next to you so can practice shots as you go.

Archived