elation cruise 1-29 thru 2-3

cruisinmeme

we have been off the ship about 14 hrs now and already missing it.

the garage actually opened early this trip. we drove up at 10:15 and cars was going in. check in went real fast. this was our first platinum but went to regular line as we had family with us that was not vip. had a wait to board the ship (cant remember what time we boarded, but went fast) want to say we were eating before 11am i had some small bottles of water and small bottles of coke and had to open my carry on and show it. did not even have the limit. family had theirs in a carry on and at last min. deceided to check it and it went thru with no issues. next cruise will be different we have deceided we are hauling nothing like this.

everything went right on time....drill...sailing a tad before 4pm

dinner first night in dining room was all dry, but we ate it non the less. we had anytime dining and for the most part everyone showed up at 5:45pm

brother and his wife (first time cruisers) smoked so they spent alot of time running to lido and was of coarse cool out.

very few people dressed up. i was shocked at the faded tee shirts and shorts worn by the men and nothing was said .i could care less what people wear so long as they don't stink and i have to smell it. hehe

loved being platinum. we got a new logo item never heard of or saw before. it is a little note size deal with a tablet and pen. just the week before it was drink coupons. also got an elation pin, the two plates of goodies was great (much better than i thought it would be) the sweet plate went real fast. we got an invite to something with free drinks and we don't drink so didn't even pay attention to it. oh yeah, the stationary. for the best part.... we did self assist debark and we got in position well before the 7am meet time and was within the first 10 people off. even with organizing and my sister in law going at it with the customs agent we were on the road by 7:30. we did not actually start to get off until about 7:15. we were helping them carry off liquor and didn't know how to answer the questions. then my sister in law got some silvadene in mexico and told the agent she had it and almost had to dig thru luggage to show it to her. THE ANSWER IS NO NO NO.

ship was clean , well other than the morning i went into the womans restroom outside the dining room and their was a trail of dried poop all over. take my word some lady had it bad in there. since it was dried it had been there awhile, so that was somewhat nasty to say the lease.

food was good for the most part. noticed they dropped the filet off the menu and it is just a rib on the dish. i think when we were first time cruisers the food was more important, now it is just a meal.

lots of sick people on board. coughing and all. they came on that way. it was everywhere.

prices were good in progresso (where we docked) no bargains to be had at the pier in cozumel (we were at porta meya...sp) SET PRICES AND THEY WERE HIGHER.

had fun and ready for key west , bahamas in april

oh yeah, ship ran fine...no issues.

Archived