I got my time and place 4 wedding today!

Tammy25

Hi Ladies...I got the call today! woohoo! So far things are going very well with CCL. It seems that all the plans are in place and the wedding ceremony should be beautiful and go smoothly.

My time is 2 p.m. and Ceremony will be in the Curiosity Library. The cake topper that we purchased will go on the cake. I was worried about the weight of it but it was confirmed to be perfect! I asked about placing rose petals on the top with the topper and some flowers/ribbon around the outside of the cake. She said that would be fine. I'm going to get some silk one's but not sure what color yet. I think blue and yellow. I have to think this one out. ugh..I'm tired of thinking LOL!

I'm so excited! 2 weeks from today at 2 p.m! I don't know anything about the library and how it will be set up. Can anyone provide info or pictures of the library on the Imagination?? I asked if I would have enough room to wear my dress with the train down and she said yes. I've been asking friends and so far the vote is to wear the train down for the ceremony and pictures or at least for the pictures. But if I'm going to have it down for pictures, I will have it down for the ceremony. I looked at pictures of it down and it is really pretty with it down. I just can't make the decision. My thought is that the train will be a pain to deal with. My mother doesn't want me to have the train. My seamstress is going to french bustle it for me and I will look at it next week. What do you girls think? Would you wear the train down? It's a chapel length..just plain white.

Now it's time to think about packing. Oh, the wedding planner said we will be able to have lunch before the ceremony with our guests which is nice. We are going to have the ceremony, unity candle, first dance then cake cutting and pictures. We hope to get it all in on time. What time is the muster drill?

I am freezing my butt off here in PA ....I wish I could go NOW!

If you scroll down on this page you will see a virtual tour of the library. You can't really tell by this but if it's anything like it was in 2005 when I was on the Imagination, it is a quaint space.

http://cruises.res99.com/sc.do?tab=activities&c=1&v=40&i=&d=null&d2=null&dsc=,&IncludeAlumniRates=&IncludeSeniorRates=&state=&zipcode=

There is also a picture here of the Curiosity Library:

http://www.cruiseweb.com/CARNIVAL-IMAGINATION-PHOTO-GALLERY-04.HTM

Which space is the reception being held in?

Congratulations on being assigned your time & location!!! I can't wait for that phone call (even though I'm not getting married until NEXT March, 2012! LOL)

Sounds like you are very well prepared for your wedding. I can't wait to see all your pics :)

Best of luck to ya'll!!

Kara

The day is fast approaching! I'm soooo ready to board that plane to Florida! I went out over the weekend and did my final shopping ;) I'm getting so excited but also I have been sick and feeling awful. I ended up going to the Urgent Care clinic saturday :( I had bronchitis and was on antibiotics but then when I finished it...I ended up with a really bad sinus infection. I had 3 nights of no sleep and been in such pain and then my pain disease is so flared up thanks to this weather. I'm trying to think positive and get ready for the big day. Yesterday, my fiance' and I had a little argument. He's having issues with work. He's a Captain/Commander of 5 Army units and it's lots of stress. I've been a little upset because he hasn't even mentioned the wedding or showed any bit of excitement. He was in a REALLY BAD mood yesterday and at times it was looking like the wedding may be called off and I was an emotional wreck! We talked through it and then talked more last night when he was calmer. I also got him to understand how I've been feeling and that I just need a hug once in a while. Every day is physically a struggle for me and also mentally because I can't do the things I want to do.

I'm sorry for venting...just have so much on my mind. I'm so nervous about doing my hair and makeup also. I was going to have someone do it for me but I need to save money so I will be doing it myself. Ugh. I bought some new makeup and I have several hair pieces to choose from. I have to play around with it.

Thanks ladies for all of your support and replies!

I was on the Imagination in November and I thought the library was beautiful! The one side of the room is all glass over looking the atrium and we saw them hosting the Chef's Table dinner in that room. Very classy room that doesn't have so much of the neon lights that Carnival loves..lol I think you will really like it.

Sorry, i don't have any photos but check out you tube "carnival imagination". I am sure you'll be able to find a video tour there.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Archived