Zipline,DRF,river tubing -Is this too much in one day?

caramel37

Hi fellow cruisers,

My 2 teenage boys and I want to do DRF, ziplining and river tubing when we go on our cruise in April. Our ship is in Jamaica from 7:30 - 3:30 pm. Am I being too adventurous? I don't want to miss my boat. Never been to Jamaica so maybe I need to do only two of these and explore the sites of Jamaica. Maybe my first and last time being in Jamaica. What do you all think?

Thanks

Tanesha

Despite the fact that you arrive in port (assuming Ocho Rios) at 7:30 am, any tour to DRF, etc. will likely not start before 9 or 9:30 am. We did a tour with Peat Taylor in April that included DRF and the White River tubing trip and it did not begin until 9:30 am. I believe that must be due to the opening time at DRF. We got there sometime after 10 am and we were only the 2nd group to go up.

Right after DFR, we went river tubing and then directly back to the ship. By the time we got back to the ship, it was around 12:45 pm. Not having done the zipline, I don't know if you would have time for it or not.

You might contact the tour provider and see what they suggest. For a reputable tour guide, it is not in his/her financial interest to get a passenger back late to the ship--bad publicity!

We will be in Jamaica on 3/28 and are doing DRF's, zip line and river tubing. Our ship will be in port from 9AM to 5PM. The excursion starts at 9:30 and is 5 1/2 hours long. I am thinking that will allow enough time to return to the ship.

Archived