Wondering if I picked the right room on the Summit

jclu6772

My family and I are taking a cruise on the Summit on April 23 (Super excited by the way). We have booked rooms 9086 and 9088, and have read that this deck is not a preferred deck due being directly below the pool deck overhang, the noise level and possible obstructed views (from support bars). Have these problems been an issue for anyone that has stayed on this deck or more specifically these rooms.

My family and I are taking a cruise on the Summit on April 23 (Super excited by the way). We have booked rooms 9086 and 9088, and have read that this deck is not a preferred deck due being directly below the pool deck overhang, the noise level and possible obstructed views (from support bars). Have these problems been an issue for anyone that has stayed on this deck or more specifically these rooms.

We didn't stay on deck 9 but have booked deck 8 instead for exactly the reasons that you mentioned. When we were out on the balcony we felt shaded by the overhang and we were on deck 8. I wouldn't want to be on deck 9 unless you prefer to be in the shade.

We just returned from the Summit in 9038. We were under the T-Pool which is probably a little quieter but we heard the towel carts rolling by (we were in the path to the laundry room) and the T-Pool caused a high pitch whine that we could hear from 8 am - 10 pm in the room. I use earplugs at night so not a big deal for me.

The Overhang limits your sky view, can't look up and see the stars at night but you get plenty of light on your balcony and in your room. You also can't look down and see the water because the lifeboats and promenade deck is below you. The support bars for us were not a problem, except once DH wanted to take a picture and the bar was in the way. We actually liked the overhang because we could use our balcony all the time. On other ships when you get the afternoon sun, it gets deadly hot on the balcony and in the room.

Have a good trip.

We have been on this deck before with no problems. Just be sure what's directly above and below your cabin.

Archived