Can You Videotape your wedding with own camcorder?

Tammy25

I have a question about videotaping our wedding ceremony. Thhe videographer is not available for our ceremony. There are 2 other weddings that day. I didn't ask bu does anyone know if we can bring our own camcorder and tripod and set it up for the ceremony?? Will they allow that? I will be giving my parents our good camera for pictures but I would love to also videotape this as well.

I have a question about videotaping our wedding ceremony. Thhe videographer is not available for our ceremony. There are 2 other weddings that day. I didn't ask bu does anyone know if we can bring our own camcorder and tripod and set it up for the ceremony?? Will they allow that? I will be giving my parents our good camera for pictures but I would love to also videotape this as well.

My sister used my camcorder to record ours and no one said anything to us about it.

Tip: if your camcorder has bluetooth ability or you can get some kind of external mic for it spend the extra money and get it! I was very disappointed after the fact that we didn't get the bt mic.

My sister used my camcorder to record ours and no one said anything to us about it.

Tip: if your camcorder has bluetooth ability or you can get some kind of external mic for it spend the extra money and get it! I was very disappointed after the fact that we didn't get the bt mic.

Such a good idea!! Any idea where I could find something like this? Best Buy maybe?

Such a good idea!! Any idea where I could find something like this? Best Buy maybe?

I think Best Buy or HHGregg would be a good place to look. I'm going to browse online to see what I can find. I hope it's not too expensive. I saw a few good deals in the ads yesterday. A couple camcorders even came with tripods! Gonna check them out today ...hope I find something..I'm running out of time!

Thanks for the reply and info LilBlackDress! :cool:

Archived