If you had a choice...

gdynkin

Which one of these places would you book a snorkeling excursion? and which excrusion? (details please)

Samana, Dominican Republic

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Basseterre, St. Kitts

St. John's, Antigua

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Which one of these places would you book a snorkeling excursion? and which excrusion? (details please)

Samana, Dominican Republic

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Basseterre, St. Kitts

St. John's, Antigua

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

We have been snorkeling in St. Thomas twice and loved it both times. The first time we went to Turtle cove aboard a catamaran. Turtle cove was beautiful. The water was so clear and turtles everywhere. We also encountered baracuda and other fish.

The other time we went to St. John's Island and Christmas cove aboard a power boat. It was nice too. Again the water was so clear. We saw lots of smaller fish and stingrays. St. John's is a beautiful island! Both of these excursions were through Royal Caribbean.

I have also been snorkeling in Antigua, but the water was really rough the day we were there and not all that enjoyable. The water wasn't very clear the day we were there either.

I have not been snorkeling in any of the other places. We did go scuba diving in St. Kitts. The reef dive was good. There was a lot of coral and tons of fish, but the water clarity was not great. So I don't know how snorkeling would be.

So I would recommend St. Thomas!

Archived