excursions in beleize

birthdaycruiser2011

I just posted this reply and thought it would answer this question also so I will post it again:

"Belize is a very different place compared to the other Western Carribean ports, very different. There is no beach or orderly taxi system waiting and lined up, like in Cozumel. It can be very unnerving to leave the tourism village without having a plan in mind or an actual tour/excursion booked. Really, I can't stress this enough based on our own personal experience with Belize. Without a plan or tour booked, you are people are likely to be very disappointed."

To answer a bit better, "What about the snorkeling n Belize. Is it safe to book at the pier to save $$":

Yes, you can book at the pier but I am not sure I would do this and I am not sure you would actual save money. I think it is better to look into tours on these board so that you can read reviews first. Also, not all of the tour operators are allowed into "Tourisn Village". For example, we used Nacho and Cythnia for a private tour but they were not allowed to come in. Nacho tried his best to explain all of the "politics" involved with this but I didn't really understand it. We had to meet him outside of the gates for a prebooked tour, which was very unnerving. I found this tour on CC and they had excellent reviews. We did have a great day cave tubing with them (you can Google their names to find their website) but they don't do snorkeling. Most tours are landbased in Belize unless you go to Caye Caulker, which is a 45 minute water taxi ride from Tourism Village. Coral Breeze does one. They have a website. They are another tour company that is talked about a lot of these boards.

Archived