old cruiser, first time with 7 mon. grandbaby

june18susy

Best advice I have is to tell the parents to take advantage of having the grandparents along to babysit ;)

We generally try to get adjoining or connecting cabins with the grandparents so that the baby can nap/sleep in one cabin and the rest of us can still use the other cabin. If possible it's also nice to have a bit larger cabin to accommodate the crib and the rest of the baby gear. Also nice to have a cabin with a tub instead of just a shower.

Enjoy the trip! We have found it much easier to cruise with kids at that age then when they get to be 2-3ish.

I'm not sure what cruise line you are taking, but if it's not NCL, then I would suggest anytime or my time dining if the cruise you are on offers it. I have found cruising with my grandchildren that if you can go to dinner when you want it is so much easier with and infant or toddler, and we also switch off so my daughter and her husband can eat in a specialty restaurant one night and then on another night we go to one. I hope you enjoy your cruise, it is one of the easier vacations to take a baby on.

Archived